Ask a question

No registration required

**Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**

OP Obagleyfreer

20th February 2013, 06:23 PM   |  #4481  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Thought this may be worth posting up here:

I am in the UK and recently, my S3 had been freezing a lot, needing a soft reset, even when on the ELLA firmware. I sent it back to Samsung and I got it back today, exactly 13 days after I sent it. They diagnosed a faulty mainboard and replaced it. I checked with the EMMC app and I now have a SANE chip under EMMC.. I even stated on the letter to Samsung that the freezes were intermittent. Now to get on with my life
20th February 2013, 06:26 PM   |  #4482  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahameys

Thought this may be worth posting up here:

I am in the UK and recently, my S3 had been freezing a lot, needing a soft reset, even when on the ELLA firmware. I sent it back to Samsung and I got it back today, exactly 13 days after I sent it. They diagnosed a faulty mainboard and replaced it. I checked with the EMMC app and I now have a SANE chip under EMMC.. I even stated on the letter to Samsung that the freezes were intermittent. Now to get on with my life

was it rooted and flashed?
20th February 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #4483  
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19abby

was it rooted and flashed?

No, it was running stock ELLA, unrooted.
20th February 2013, 06:34 PM   |  #4484  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,644

8,933 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahameys

No, it was running stock ELLA, unrooted.

That doesn't really help us, but thanks for sharing.
20th February 2013, 07:19 PM   |  #4485  
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
Re: **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**
Agreed. This is my last Samsung phone. Will never buy any other Samsung phone irrespective of its features. :/

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
21st February 2013, 12:22 AM   |  #4486  
Thanks Meter: 300

412 posts
AW: **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwitness1

ok i finally got my phone back from sammy and i flashed 4.1.1 and i have tried everything including the software suggested Rob but the phone refuses to die. Any ideas how i could cause the SDS?

Just wait. The cases I know needed until a week.

BR
Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2222 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 07:37 AM   |  #4487  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 98

736 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Product F(RED)

So unroot it and let it die:

1. Run TriangleAway
2. Open ODIN on your PC
3. Flash an official 4.1.1 ROM (try a branded one in case yours was carrier branded)
4. Let it die and send it to Samsung

The flash counter only goes up if you flash an unofficial ROM (at least, if you're on the old bootloader).

Don't do that. If your phone keep the access to download mode after die it will lose the product name and system status will change to custom. Unfortunately Samsung is not serious and will keep its strategy to say that sudden death only happens in rooted devices in all the countries they can. If you tell about countries where they are fixing they will say only can assist phones from your country. So even if your phone was never been root it will be your fault.
That is not about lack of information of service center or customer service. I think they planned.. Lose customers is more interesting that admit they did something wrong and didn't provide a recall and with their horrible 4.1.2 fix maybe they just tried to make your phone survive until the one year (most countries) warranty is over.
Also the orientation to fix 4.1.2 freezes (at least here) for service centers is reflash firmware, so get ready to go many times to service center.
Than the only solution will be if someone discover how to make it completely die (if you decide the risk light a candle and pray for completelly death) or wait for a better firmware fix (up to there try the dummy files solution over and over).
Sorry if Samsung fans disagree. In my country that is the truth. They have the screen to say you "rooted" you have nothing official to support you. Probably if you tell about XDA they will say is a community knew for people looking for customize their devices by their own risk.
All that doesn't mean I think you should not try the battle, I didn't give up yet. Now I am trying to report to newspapers and magazines.
Not succeed on facebook or they ignored or sent a link to contact customer service, after so many complains I got blocked to post in their page...considering to fix here is the same price than buy a nexus 4 in the US, I decided to ask a friend to buy one for me (I will really miss my extra 64gb and LG is also no reliable) and keep the battle.

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app
Last edited by aalvico; 21st February 2013 at 08:28 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aalvico For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 07:55 AM   |  #4488  
Thanks Meter: 15

259 posts
More
Class Action
Samsung will continue its method of denying clients affected with SDS with BS claims as we've seen on this thread, until a Class Action suit is launched against them. This will probably be the only way to get them to formally launch a recall program.

As we've seen, for a private customer to claim against a conglomerate is mostly a futile exercise, and depends mostly on the
"Good Will" of your local agent.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner100 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 09:47 AM   |  #4489  
Flag Anchorage
Thanks Meter: 127

666 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalvico

Don't do that. If your phone keep the access to download mode after die it will lose the product name and system status will change to custom. Unfortunately Samsung is not serious and will keep its strategy to say that sudden death only happens in rooted devices in all the countries they can. If you tell about countries where they are fixing they will say only can assist phones from your country. So even if your phone was never been root it will be your fault.
That is not about lack of information of service center or customer service. I think they planned.. Lose customers is more interesting that admit they did something wrong and didn't provide a recall and with their horrible 4.1.2 fix maybe they just tried to make your phone survive until the one year (most countries) warranty is over.
Also the orientation to fix 4.1.2 freezes (at least here) for service centers is reflash firmware, so get ready to go many times to service center.
Than the only solution will be if someone discover how to make it completely die (if you decide the risk light a candle and pray for completelly death) or wait for a better firmware fix (up to there try the dummy files solution over and over).
Sorry if Samsung fans disagree. In my country that is the truth. They have the screen to say you "rooted" you have nothing official to support you. Probably if you tell about XDA they will say is a community knew for people looking for customize their devices by their own risk.
All that doesn't mean I think you should not try the battle, I didn't give up yet. Now I am trying to report to newspapers and magazines.
Not succeed on facebook or they ignored or sent a link to contact customer service, after so many complains I got blocked to post in their page...considering to fix here is the same price than buy a nexus 4 in the US, I decided to ask a friend to buy one for me (I will really miss my extra 64gb and LG is also no reliable) and keep the battle.

Sent from my X10 using xda app-developers app

If only there were a way to fully kill a half SDS phone then it would be a lot easier to claim warranty if their was no cosmetic or water damage...

Galaxy S3
Omega Rom V37
21st February 2013, 10:07 AM   |  #4490  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 166

393 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner100

Samsung will continue its method of denying clients affected with SDS with BS claims as we've seen on this thread, until a Class Action suit is launched against them. This will probably be the only way to get them to formally launch a recall program.

As we've seen, for a private customer to claim against a conglomerate is mostly a futile exercise, and depends mostly on the
"Good Will" of your local agent.

very impressive call to arms but you aren't putting forward facts , the reality is they are replacing phones as is evident even in this thread. Some of the claims on here maybe BS but we are only hearing one side of it from people who are justifiably annoyed and probably emotionally charged.

I can't see any reason why they would have a recall as it isn't a health & safety issue nor would it make sense to recall phones that may or may mot die.

I think we all understand the frustration of those people whose phones have died and the ones that haven't been able to get them replaced under warranty but I for one don't want my phone recalled, if it dies it dies I live in country that has consumer guarantee's so I'm confident that unless there is proven water damage of physical damage I'll get a replacement .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread