Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,985 Members 54,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

**Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**

Tip us?

rootSU
Old
Thanks Meter 9748
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotarelo View Post
(remember when we were waiting for 4.1?, speaker not working). Samsung should shame for this. If I would know this I would have get a SGS1 since that phone never had this issues
I know someone with an SGS1 and the speaker doesn't work. It also hasn't got 4.1 yet
Want to root/unroot? All important guides and info threads are contained within the "Sticky Roll-up" thread in General. Click the link below to get there!

Philz Touch Recovery with passkey secure lock

I do NOT reply to support queries over PM.

olyman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Damaged USB

My S3 died while charging overnight, it seems to match all the sudden death synptoms. I sent it off to Samsung for repair. 10 days later I received a quote from the service centre saying that the problem was a damaged USB and that it would cost 73.94. I've asked them for more information and that this is a problem well documented on the internet and I'm waiting for a response. They've not mentioned any water damage, just 'Damaged USB' and that it's out of warranty. Are they likely to change their diagnosis and do the repairs free of charge?

geekbrains
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My phone was behaving erratically over the last few weeks (Random reboots, frequent freezes etc). After countless hard resets, it became worse that I couldn't even complete the setup after the hard reset. The phone freezes as soon as it gets connected to WiFi or HSPA networks. Samsung service center returned the phone as fine twice (Express 3 hours Service) but the problem persisted. I demanded to meet with their manager and proved the senior technical engineer wrong right there in the service center. They took 45 minutes to replace my motherboard after all the fuzz that I made and so far this replacement motherboard is working fine for more than a week now without a single reboot or hang.

Strangely enough, my friend's phone with the same affected eMMC hasn't experienced a single reboot or freezing issue.

amarsana
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default done with samsung

My siii died in my pocket 2 months ago. I bought it on ebay in USA. Now no one would touch my dead siii.

Samsung USA told me it is from UK. Samsung UK says it is from Samsung South Africa. I'm calling samsung usa once again. if they don't fix it, I will be done with Samsung. Let me remind you I bought more than 10 pieces of Samsung Siii-s for friends and families. Complete bull****.

scottcwhite
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Default ***update*** so pissed

Just got off the phone with Anovo again to find out if my phone had been sent from them to Intercity Telecom as Samsung UK directed them to do last week. Apparently Intercity said not to ship it to them because they can't repair it either and that Samsung UK gave incorrect info and it has been escalated. Anovo just wants to ship my phone back to me at my expense which means I waisted $120.00 dollars sending it to them in the first place. So now I have to call SS UK back because this is screwed up. Apparently no one can fix the phone and I should just throw it in the trash.
NEXUS 4: PARANOID ANDROID 4.4 / SLIMkat 4.4
SGSIII GT-I9300: Stock rooted and for sale
Captivate: SLIM ICS 4.2 with Semaphore 1.2.6sc for sale
SGTab 10.1: KitKat

cotarelo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Service accepted the phone. I will post my impressions in a week

samalmaskey
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default Re: **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**

My s3 shows..
Vtu00m
0xf7
Am i safe..from sudden death??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

jeffnz
Old
Thanks Meter 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by samalmaskey View Post
My s3 shows..
Vtu00m
0xf7
Am i safe..from sudden death??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Read the first post your answer is there

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy I9505

samalmaskey
Old
Thanks Meter 8

Ya I read 1st post but i'm still confused
My s3 shows..
0xf7

And in 1st post... it says 0xf1 is not safe...so just to be sure i asked...and....what's the difference betwen 0xf7 and 0xf1...

Kjc99
Old
Thanks Meter 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by samalmaskey View Post
Ya I read 1st post but i'm still confused
My s3 shows..
0xf7

And in 1st post... it says 0xf1 is not safe...so just to be sure i asked...and....what's the difference betwen 0xf7 and 0xf1...
OXF7 firmware is considered safe there are no reported sudden death incidents with that chips firmware consider yourself "safe"
*GALAXY S5*

The Following User Says Thank You to Kjc99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]