fix from xda is arriving....

Inviato dal mio GT-N7100 con Tapatalk 2
Bit more information would be appreciated, your comment by itself means nothing

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Galaxy I9505

aalvico
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Went to samsung today .... Like I said I think that the system status that changed to custom after die (was official before) will be a problem. Mainly because beside me there was 3 guys with the same problem....I think samsung will use all they can void warranty) I had one report before die complaining it was not available the update via kies for 4.1.2.... I called again before leave the phone to ask what they will do since there is no 4.1.2 available for my phone. At the beginning he said they know there is a problem but only for root devices. Then he said that the firmware from the carrier 4.1.1 can have a problem...at least that is my situation. I have no idea about why the system status changed ...binaries are ok.... If someone has information that help me to argue I will appreciate. They ask one week to fix... I would like to be ready ... First argument will be they should check when I left there so how can I know they tried to flash something and that changed but maybe would not be enough. Thanks .

gaetanolip
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default R: **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffnz View Post
Bit more information would be appreciated, your comment by itself means nothing

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096045

Kjc99
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Default Re: **Ultimate GS3 sudden death thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by aalvico View Post
Went to samsung today .... Like I said I think that the system status that changed to custom after die (was official before) will be a problem. Mainly because beside me there was 3 guys with the same problem....I think samsung will use all they can void warranty) I had one report before die complaining it was not available the update via kies for 4.1.2.... I called again before leave the phone to ask what they will do since there is no 4.1.2 available for my phone. At the beginning he said they know there is a problem but only for root devices. Then he said that the firmware from the carrier 4.1.1 can have a problem...at least that is my situation. I have no idea about why the system status changed ...binaries are ok.... If someone has information that help me to argue I will appreciate. They ask one week to fix... I would like to be ready ... First argument will be they should check when I left there so how can I know they tried to flash something and that changed but maybe would not be enough. Thanks .
Are they voiding your warranty cause the system status changed to custom? I thought this happens to all S3 that suffer Sudden death which can access download mode? Is the device name blank also?
*Galaxy S4*
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjc99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rob2222
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalvico View Post
I have no idea about why the system status changed ...binaries are ok.... If someone has information that help me to argue I will appreciate.
I don't think you will get problems. It is completely NORMAL that in the "half" sudden death case, where the bootloader/download mode still works, the system status switches to custom.
Even on the Note 2 (has SD-Problem, too) it switches to exact that state:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post35977007

I assume the bootloader checkes some system files and swiches then to official.
But cause of the eMMC is half broken and the bootloader can't check that files, it stays on custom.

BR
Rob
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob2222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kjc99
Old
Thanks Meter 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2222 View Post
I don't think you will get problems. It is completely NORMAL that in the "half" sudden death case, where the bootloader/download mode still works, the system status switches to custom.

But cause of the eMMC is half broken and the bootloader can't check that files, it stays on custom.

BR
Rob
@Rob does binary count reset to No after sudden death also or does it still show the count if I rooted and did not use Triangle away app
*Galaxy S4*

jeffnz
Old
Thanks Meter 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetanolip View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2096045

Long way for a fix yet, no point in giving false hope to people just puts devs under pressure that are working hard out on it.

Galaxy I9505

Rob2222
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjc99 View Post
@Rob does binary count reset to No after sudden death also or does it still show the count if I rooted and did not use Triangle away app
In the "half" sudden death case the counter swiches "automatically" to 0/no. You didn't need to run triangle away before sudden death.
I assume the counter value is stored in the part of eMMC that is not readable by the bootloader after "half" sudden death and so the bootloader shows 0/no.

BR
Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob2222 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aalvico
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2222 View Post

BR
Rob
well I read some people out of xda complaining samsung did that
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...topicid=111571

To say that system status custom means the device was root sounds like the defense of samsung keep saying there is no problem in non root devices.
That is why I went myself and left a letter saying I was running offical carrier firmware (which is true.. didnt say anythink about root (was not before die) or download mode info because by now I have no idea what are these things and asking for a new device with 4.1.2 which is not available for my carrier but is for unbranded phone). I even asked if they needed I could wait they try to fix or check something (I knew they would not, even having techincals there, and they really didnt...only checked for physical aspects).
I have no experience with samsung warranty service here, but many dramas with LG, so I need to be ready.