URGENT Help! Emergency Calls Only

Tip us?

nooktablet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
Default URGENT Help! Emergency Calls Only

i'm sorry for the long post, i really appreciate your help

i really need help to get this galaxy s3 GT-I9300 to regonize my sim card.
i bought it from ebay i've used it for a long time works fine,
but because it's an unlocked version and from ebay i'm not sure what region it is
i messed with rooting and stuff and decided to do "restore to stock".
i thought it'd be easy like the nexus or iphone, i followed this guide. it restored the system apps/firmware fine but still keeps all existing data instead of deleting them like it said.
and then when it boots it shows "LaFleur" which i never saw before
and now it's "emergency calls only" does not recognize sim (100% not the physcial sim card problem)
i tried this but did not work.
i also went to settings -> mobile networks-> search results were AT&T (correct carrier i'm using) but it says "your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"

i know i made something wrong with the software not hardware but i can't understand why official tool (Samsung Kies) broke my device.
Please help because i receive a lot of calls so i need to get this working again ASAP. Thanks a lot
You're reading my signature

nooktablet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
I'm sorry i just realized that i posted in the wrong forum, it should be in Q&A

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
By using kies you've restored what ever firmware the phone was manufactured with, it doesn't sound like an unlocked handset.

Instead follow the guide in general forum, stickies, to flash your own countries generic rom, then factory reset.

Your network issue is likely to be a result of the handset not being properly unlocked. None of the free patches to unlock work with newer firmwares -by updating you've reinstated the network lock. If you made a backup of the efs folder before you started then you might be able to restore and go back to a firmware that can be patched.

Otherwise you've have to buy an unlock code.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

nooktablet
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 107
I also have the feelings that this phone was not properly unlocked. So the eBay guy sold me not a factory unlocked version but a version he unlocked on his own?
Forgot to mention my IMEI is now 0049... My baseband now has "BELL" in it (Canada carrier?) Also it does show the phone number in About-Status. But network state is out of service.
I don't understand how an official program changed my IMEI to a generic one and I have no EFS backup.

malybru
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 9235

DONATE TO ME
Mod Edit

Please refer to the stickies in General before posting.

Thread closed

malybru
Forum Moderator
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe