Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

VooDoo sound and Display Expert coming to the S3

OP rovex

19th June 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I still have my original i9000 mostly because of the amazing sound quality I get with Voodoo sound and the Samsung earphones. The Siyah 1.2.1 mods on Omega 5.1 on my i9300 kernel runs it very close. Really eager to see what SuperC can do with the new device!
20th June 2012, 03:28 AM   |  #12  
drbveb88's Avatar
Senior Member
Northern Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,374
 
2,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_donkor

I still have my original i9000 mostly because of the amazing sound quality I get with Voodoo sound and the Samsung earphones. The Siyah 1.2.1 mods on Omega 5.1 on my i9300 kernel runs it very close. Really eager to see what SuperC can do with the new device!

I agree completely.. I'm really just glad to be back on Samsung period. I've been on HTC and the unlocking, s-off, adb is more of pain the just running Odin or flashing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
20th June 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #13  
onslaught86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Auckland, EnZed
Thanks Meter: 270
 
883 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbveb88

I agree completely.. I'm really just glad to be back on Samsung period. I've been on HTC and the unlocking, s-off, adb is more of pain the just running Odin or flashing.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

Tell me about it - try using Motorola devices. Or better yet, dont. Being back on an open hardware platform with real developer support is amazing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium
22nd June 2012, 09:26 AM   |  #14  
kelvinyap9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 24
 
141 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
Personally really looking forward to see Voodoo Sound implemented on the SGS3 to take full advantage of the Wolfson

Always nice to have a high end phone that has excellent sound quality too!
23rd June 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Can't wait for this
23rd June 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #16  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,942
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

Its awesome ! If I wasn't writing this on my phone I'd find you guys a link..

Boost audio system wide, alarm gave me a bloody fright this morning..

EDIT: Decided ill be nice and find the link hehe..

OP Topic: HERE

CWM Flashable packes: HERE

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..


Anyway thats my good deed done for today.. better get back to work !
Last edited by fOmey; 23rd June 2012 at 06:55 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fOmey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #17  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
337 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

Its awesome ! If I wasn't writing this on my phone I'd find you guys a link..

Boost audio system wide, alarm gave me a bloody fright this morning..

EDIT: Decided ill be nice and find the link hehe..

OP Topic: HERE

CWM Flashable packes: HERE

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..


Anyway thats my good deed done for today.. better get back to work !

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

However Voodoo Sound is not just about boosting volume. I had it on my SGS1, and it greatly improved the overall sound quality as well. I cant really explain it as I am by no means an audiophile, however all I know is that Voodoo Sound left me with a smile on my face whilst listening to music.
The Following User Says Thank You to djglenn1337 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2012, 11:15 AM   |  #18  
zodiaxe66's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 450
 
1,524 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by djglenn1337

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

However Voodoo Sound is not just about boosting volume. I had it on my SGS1, and it greatly improved the overall sound quality as well. I cant really explain it as I am by no means an audiophile, however all I know is that Voodoo Sound left me with a smile on my face whilst listening to music.


+1
23rd June 2012, 03:10 PM   |  #19  
bradputt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 125
 
846 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fOmey

Voodoo sound booster is obsolete, there's a mod avalible already which boosts the sound the same way voodoo did..

Its awesome ! If I wasn't writing this on my phone I'd find you guys a link..

Boost audio system wide, alarm gave me a bloody fright this morning..

EDIT: Decided ill be nice and find the link hehe..

OP Topic: HERE

CWM Flashable packes: HERE

I suggest using the "60_sound_mod - max vol = 60 (boot sound on, camera sound off)" CWM package, it boosts your phone dramatically although not to max.. The safer option if you ask me..


Anyway thats my good deed done for today.. better get back to work !

Hi you mean the mod is working on panadroid?

I thought it only works on stock roms.
23rd June 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #20  
fOmey's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney, AUS
Thanks Meter: 3,942
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djglenn1337

Thanks for the link, I will check it out.

However Voodoo Sound is not just about boosting volume. I had it on my SGS1, and it greatly improved the overall sound quality as well. I cant really explain it as I am by no means an audiophile, however all I know is that Voodoo Sound left me with a smile on my face whilst listening to music.

I used voodo on SGSII and that just boosted volume, in saying that it actually boosted it with no sound quality loss.. Not like volume+.

That mod does exactly what vodoo did on the SGSII im very impressed by this mod, the fact that it boosts over all sound on the phone is great.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradputt

Hi you mean the mod is working on panadroid?

I thought it only works on stock roms.

I read a reply on the thread about it working on CM9 so theres no reason why it shouldnt work on paranoid.. search the thread.. my signature is outdated its from SGSII

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes