4.3 battery pissing me off.... ****en Samsung.

OP xkwizt

29th January 2014, 05:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
I dont know if im blind, but ive been searching xda and google for over a month now.

I cant take it anymore, if i cant fix this im going to sell this phone and im never buying a Samsung product ever. Im going to try plain Google devices which get updates as soon as they are released and get fixed just as fast from what ive read.

Let me get this right Samsung..... you offer us an "update" to 4.3 and lock us out so we cant downgrade back after you totally ****ed it.... are you ****ing serious.

Im carrying around 2 batteries now just so i can get a full days work done, the back cover is work as **** and barely holding on. Please has anyone figured out what is causing this issue, what do i need to do to fix it!

Please someone help....
29th January 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 12

176 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkwizt

I dont know if im blind, but ive been searching xda and google for over a month now.

I cant take it anymore, if i cant fix this im going to sell this phone and im never buying a Samsung product ever. Im going to try plain Google devices which get updates as soon as they are released and get fixed just as fast from what ive read.

Let me get this right Samsung..... you offer us an "update" to 4.3 and lock us out so we cant downgrade back after you totally ****ed it.... are you ****ing serious.

Im carrying around 2 batteries now just so i can get a full days work done, the back cover is work as **** and barely holding on. Please has anyone figured out what is causing this issue, what do i need to do to fix it!

Please someone help....

You should buy a new one other than Samsung and compare what is the difference and let us know then with thanks.
29th January 2014, 05:02 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

50 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkwizt

Please someone help....

for the record i dont have a solution per se, i ran into the same issue it seems. after updating i just figured it was a simple matter or reflashing the previous firmware until i heard about this EFS stuff.

I backed up my files and bit the bullet of rooting and wiping and flashing the previous firmware taking me back to 4.1.2 and everything was fine. Of course I lost what I couldnt save or back like app data but I had a usable phone once more.

I suggest either rooting and trying a new rom or going back to 4.1.2 stock firmware. Doing so you will face the issue of the flash counter going up and causing minor issues until you reset it with Triangle Away but it will get you back to a better functioning phone.

I personally use Omnirom now with the Boeffla Kernel (Omnirom CM11.0 kernel - Stable: 2.1 build) and get decent battery.
Not quite stock android as in use it drinks power quickly but it has an amazing standby life which seems to balance things out.

Hope that helps.
29th January 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

88 posts
I'm my case I never had the courage to risk my phone with rooting until I got Samsung update of 4.3. Now im working with a customs ROM. Not settled on anyone. But will not go back to 4.3 definitely

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th January 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

119 posts
rather than buying a spare battery and changing it so often, get a powerbank instead.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread