Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,212 Members 42,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4G, LTE not working / SGS 3 LTE / I9305 CM11

Tip us?
 
gratnak
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default [Q] 4G, LTE not working / SGS 3 LTE / I9305 CM11

Does anyone know, why 4G is not working with CM11 with SGS 3 LTE version? I just tried to flash another radio, but there was no help found. Or is LTE not available yet in CM11? Is there also any way to have screen rotation in CM11 on desktop? How about battery drain? When I used CM10.1 i could use my phone at least two days, maybe 4 with less use. Not battery life is around one day.

Thanks in advance.
 
atease
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratnak View Post
Does anyone know, why 4G is not working with CM11 with SGS 3 LTE version? I just tried to flash another radio, but there was no help found. Or is LTE not available yet in CM11? Is there also any way to have screen rotation in CM11 on desktop? How about battery drain? When I used CM10.1 i could use my phone at least two days, maybe 4 with less use. Not battery life is around one day.

Thanks in advance.
First of all, what version of CM did you use? LTE is no problem generally speaking with CM11. But make sure you have the right APN-settings for your operator. The last nightly I tried was 040828 and with that one I had very stable connection, both on 4g and 3g, and when switching between them.

Battery drain differs sometimes from nightly to nightly, at least it has done for me.
 
gratnak
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by atease View Post
First of all, what version of CM did you use? LTE is no problem generally speaking with CM11. But make sure you have the right APN-settings for your operator. The last nightly I tried was 040828 and with that one I had very stable connection, both on 4g and 3g, and when switching between them.

Battery drain differs sometimes from nightly to nightly, at least it has done for me.

I'm using CM11-20140509-nightly. Now the battery drain seems to stabilized with this nightly. Never had working 4G with CM11. In CM10.1 and CM10.2 it was fine. Is there possibility to have 4G connection problem because my network provider? I'm from Finland and using a network from one company which is a daughter-company of bigger one. The smaller company uses bigger companys network. Could the problem be with national roaming (in 10.2 i had to check the allow national roaming and 4G worked fine, in CM11 there is no such button - at least I couldn't find it)?
 
atease
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gratnak View Post
I'm using CM11-20140509-nightly. Now the battery drain seems to stabilized with this nightly. Never had working 4G with CM11. In CM10.1 and CM10.2 it was fine. Is there possibility to have 4G connection problem because my network provider? I'm from Finland and using a network from one company which is a daughter-company of bigger one. The smaller company uses bigger companys network. Could the problem be with national roaming (in 10.2 i had to check the allow national roaming and 4G worked fine, in CM11 there is no such button - at least I couldn't find it)?
The big operators in Sweden does the same thing, with daughter companies for the cheaper mobile plans. But that hasn't anything with national roaming to do, at least it's spposed not to. That should be dealt with on SIM-card level I guess.

My best tip is to verify with your operator what APN you should use for 4G. With some nightlies that hasn't worked automatically, so I've had to mess with them manually to get stable connection on 4G.
 
Imouto
Old
#5  
Imouto's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Melbourne
4G is working fine for me, currently on the 0508 nightly.
I had to change the APN to match Vodafone's, but it's working.
Tags
4g network, cm11, i9305, i9305 lte, lte
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes