Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,158 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Apk SuperSU error

Tip us?

OMINIS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Apk SuperSU error

Need a little help.
My i9305 is with the original 4.3 Rom.
I installed this file via Odin "CF-Root-Auto-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5" to root, and installed the apk SuperSU but I'm going to do when updating the apk SuperSu says the following error "there is no su binary SuperSU installed and can not perform the installation. this is a problem! If you recently upgraded to android 4.3 ... "

s3axel
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Don't know anything specific about the file you tried to install, but it looks to me like you "installed" just the MD5-checksum file, not the actual application

spiderman07
Old
Thanks Meter 35
http://download.chainfire.eu/382/Sup...etrieve_file=1

flash this....after that try to open SuperSU...it should say Knox is detected...Do you want to try to disable it...and here select Yes...
but if this doesn't shows up...open the zip you just downloaded...go into folder common...and extract the Superuser.apk to your phone and install it as normal apk... it should show a screen with NEW/ALL(update new files/or install full) select ALL...and then open SuperSU and the above message about knox should appear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OMINIS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07 View Post
http://download.chainfire.eu/382/Sup...etrieve_file=1

flash this....after that try to open SuperSU...it should say Knox is detected...Do you want to try to disable it...and here select Yes...
but if this doesn't shows up...open the zip you just downloaded...go into folder common...and extract the Superuser.apk to your phone and install it as normal apk... it should show a screen with NEW/ALL(update new files/or install full) select ALL...and then open SuperSU and the above message about knox should appear.
This file has the extension. Zip, I can switch to .Tar for flashing the Odin? My Recovery is the stock.
Thanks

spiderman07
Old
Thanks Meter 35
i don't know how to switch to a image to flash with Odin...wait for an answer or install custom recovery...recommend CWM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

OMINIS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07 View Post
i don't know how to switch to a image to flash with Odin...wait for an answer or install custom recovery...recommend CWM.
I installed CWM and then flashei SuperSU's update and it worked correctly.
Many thanks for the help.