Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Apk SuperSU error

OP OMINIS

10th June 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Need a little help.
My i9305 is with the original 4.3 Rom.
I installed this file via Odin "CF-Root-Auto-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5" to root, and installed the apk SuperSU but I'm going to do when updating the apk SuperSu says the following error "there is no su binary SuperSU installed and can not perform the installation. this is a problem! If you recently upgraded to android 4.3 ... "
11th June 2014, 07:31 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 6

43 posts
Don't know anything specific about the file you tried to install, but it looks to me like you "installed" just the MD5-checksum file, not the actual application
11th June 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
http://download.chainfire.eu/382/Sup...etrieve_file=1

flash this....after that try to open SuperSU...it should say Knox is detected...Do you want to try to disable it...and here select Yes...
but if this doesn't shows up...open the zip you just downloaded...go into folder common...and extract the Superuser.apk to your phone and install it as normal apk... it should show a screen with NEW/ALL(update new files/or install full) select ALL...and then open SuperSU and the above message about knox should appear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 12:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07

http://download.chainfire.eu/382/Sup...etrieve_file=1

flash this....after that try to open SuperSU...it should say Knox is detected...Do you want to try to disable it...and here select Yes...
but if this doesn't shows up...open the zip you just downloaded...go into folder common...and extract the Superuser.apk to your phone and install it as normal apk... it should show a screen with NEW/ALL(update new files/or install full) select ALL...and then open SuperSU and the above message about knox should appear.

This file has the extension. Zip, I can switch to .Tar for flashing the Odin? My Recovery is the stock.
Thanks
11th June 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
i don't know how to switch to a image to flash with Odin...wait for an answer or install custom recovery...recommend CWM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th June 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07

i don't know how to switch to a image to flash with Odin...wait for an answer or install custom recovery...recommend CWM.

I installed CWM and then flashei SuperSU's update and it worked correctly.
Many thanks for the help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread