Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Will a new battery solve the problem?

banjomike
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Re: Battery Drain On s3 i19305

Stock power save works better than under clocking other than that put a battery friendly Rom on like x power

sent from my i9305 running xpower

BengtL
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default Sv: Battery Drain On s3 i19305

Remove Facebook. It's an batterykiller.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G
Current ROM: Sentinel.v6.00
Previous ROM: rXTREME.v7.2
Previous ROM: Ripper ROM v.9.5

Previous Mobile phone: Desire Z
ROM: Flinny's JB test builds

varun.k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Stock power save works better than under clocking other than that put a battery friendly Rom on like x power

sent from my i9305 running xpower
I am using stock power saver. Will the warranty be void if change the Rom? plus where do i find it?

vasp3690
Old
Thanks Meter 64

Of course the warranty will be void if you install another rom.

quantumtraveler
Old
Thanks Meter 272

How long is "overnight"? 7 hours? Was the phone on airplane mode overnight?

If it was, then you have a problem somewhere.. some setting or rogue app. 7 hours on airplane mode should drain around 1% .

If not, then the drain is normal. Your drain was 11% over 7 hours, which is actually pretty good in deep sleep on this phone.

Best drain I ever got was 1-2% hour in deep sleep with WiFi on and sync off.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
[Keep XDA clean | Cultivate a community of respect | Hit thanks | Don't post it]

[Handset 1] Xperia Z C6603 | BeanStalk-4.4.200 | 19 Dec [Handset 2] SGS3 GT-i9305 | CyanogenMod 10.1 Official Nightlies [Icons] ThaIcon

varun.k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantumtraveler View Post
How long is "overnight"? 7 hours? Was the phone on airplane mode overnight?

If it was, then you have a problem somewhere.. some setting or rogue app. 7 hours on airplane mode should drain around 1% .

If not, then the drain is normal. Your drain was 11% over 7 hours, which is actually pretty good in deep sleep on this phone.

Best drain I ever got was 1-2% hour in deep sleep with WiFi on and sync off.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda premium
I tried airplane mode, 8 hours and 6% drain overnight.

varun.k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Tried juice defender, a little better. Not a lot though.

agelos
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i had the same problem, only in my 9305 was bigger. Stock rom , black wallpapper, all syngs off, drain battery was down very fast. I make a test and put the phone in airplane mode. I checked that wifi, b/t, radio was off and from 12 o'clock night until 7 o'clock morning the phone from 59% went to 16% . Durining the day , i use only GSM, WIFI and B/t on, the use of my phone was 8-10 phone calls, little internet and from 7 o'clock morning with 100% i had to recharge it about in 16.00 o' clock. I tried curstom roms but nothing solved my problem . Then i switch it to orizinal rom and went it to servis.Now i am w8ing to return my phone from servis and i will write what they told me.
PS : My phone is in servis for 8 days now

varun.k
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos View Post
i had the same problem, only in my 9305 was bigger. Stock rom , black wallpapper, all syngs off, drain battery was down very fast. I make a test and put the phone in airplane mode. I checked that wifi, b/t, radio was off and from 12 o'clock night until 7 o'clock morning the phone from 59% went to 16% . Durining the day , i use only GSM, WIFI and B/t on, the use of my phone was 8-10 phone calls, little internet and from 7 o'clock morning with 100% i had to recharge it about in 16.00 o' clock. I tried curstom roms but nothing solved my problem . Then i switch it to orizinal rom and went it to servis.Now i am w8ing to return my phone from servis and i will write what they told me.
PS : My phone is in servis for 8 days now
Yes let me know. 8 days?? that is a long time!.. I spoke to samsung and they told me they will send a new battery, if that does not solve the problem then I will also have to send it in for a service.