Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life on 4.3 suggestion of a factory reset?

Tip us?

jakmes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Battery life on 4.3 suggestion of a factory reset?

I know the thread of battery life has been discussed several times, I even tried to write to Samsung support and their answer pretty much has been "try to make a factory reset and let us know if things are still crappy".
Now, since obviously I've not a rooted phone and I cannot make a full backup with titanium, I'm quite reluctant resetting everything with the perspective of seeing no improvement on this particular aspect.
So my questions are:
Have any of you that had been affected by poor battery performances already attempted it after updating to 4.3 OTA and have you seen the phone getting back to the battery life it had under 4.1.2 or it hasn't had any effect?

As last resource, given that I don't care about warranty and knox counter, is there any chance of rooting and installing a new recovery and ROM without them being messed up by knox (maybe some sticky guide to it that I haven't noticed)?

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Factory reset should clear any conflicts .
Followed by reading the how to improve battery threads and using Greenify and Startupmanager .

jakmes
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Factory reset should clear any conflicts .
Followed by reading the how to improve battery threads and using Greenify and Startupmanager .
Thank you, I'm already using greenify and wakelock detector, I've tried to read all battery threads I could find on i9305 mounting android 4.3 and to follow the suggestions, I've frozen all Samsung bloatware that could be frozen, but still, I'm having less battery life than with the previous 4.1.2.
My doubts regarded mainly the possibility for a factory reset to influence positively the performance of the battery.

mr sharpey
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakmes View Post
Thank you, I'm already using greenify and wakelock detector, I've tried to read all battery threads I could find on i9305 mounting android 4.3 and to follow the suggestions, I've frozen all Samsung bloatware that could be frozen, but still, I'm having less battery life than with the previous 4.1.2.
My doubts regarded mainly the possibility for a factory reset to influence positively the performance of the battery.
My 4.3 is a fresh install, and I think the battery life is very impressive. But before that, I installed 4.3 straight over a custom ROM, and the battery was getting munched at an alarming rate.