Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't boot custom recovery i9305

OP N1CBeast

10th January 2014, 11:28 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I have a new i9305(about a month old, from tmobile if that matters). It came running 4.1.2 which I updated OTA to 4.3 official. I recently rooted, using CF via Odin. I tried to boot phone into recovery but the screen went blank. Phone doesn't cut off but it's blank as if is off. I reinstall stock recovery and it runs. I've tried to install 3 different recoveries via Odin(CWM, TWRP, forgot 3rd) but they all have the same problem. Rom Manager doesn't help and it also says I have CWM 5.x.x.x installed even when I flash stock recovery.

I've searched for a solution on here and other sites and this problem seems to be unique. I would like to know if there's a way I can either install a custom ROM without custom recovery or if I can solve this problem
12th January 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 45

195 posts
Install cf root with odin .
Boot ur phone.
Go to play store and get supersu update it.
Get ROM manager from play store install it and install custom recovery from there.
Choose your model in ROM manager.

Search for cwm-recovery-6045-i9305.zip if you install a kitkat ROM flash that first.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to toeterbaas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toeterbaas

Install cf root with odin .
Boot ur phone.
Go to play store and get supersu update it.
Get ROM manager from play store install it and install custom recovery from there.
Choose your model in ROM manager.

Search for cwm-recovery-6045-i9305.zip if you install a kitkat ROM flash that first.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app

So it's working now, I first unrooted my phone and reflashed cfroot via odin. and I tried ROM manager again but chose the gs3(metro pcs)... and it worked... maybe i messed up somewhere when i first rooted it, idk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread