Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,067 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Calc app from 4.3

Tip us?

Teknick
Old
(Last edited by Teknick; 2nd May 2014 at 03:03 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Calc app from 4.3

Hello all, I have the APK for the calc app used on my stock 4.3 rom, and I'd like to use it on Cyanogenmod. I can't get it to install however, which tells me that it is not as easy as just getting the apk from the stock rom and installing it on CM.

I have Unknown Sources checked, but the error I get when installing is "App not installed."

Does anyone have any information on how I can get this to install properly? Any help is appreciated.

I have attached the apk if it helps, and a screenshot of the app.

Edit: Have tried moving the apk to /system/apps, setting permissions and rebooting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-29-21-31-59.png
Views:	25
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2721400  
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.sec.android.app.popupcalculator_1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.09 MB, 6 views)

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknick View Post
Hello all, I have the APK for the calc app used on my stock 4.3 rom, and I'd like to use it on Cyanogenmod. I can't get it to install however, which tells me that it is not as easy as just getting the apk from the stock rom and installing it on CM.

I have Unknown Sources checked, but the error I get when installing is "App not installed."

Does anyone have any information on how I can get this to install properly? Any help is appreciated.

I have attached the apk if it helps, and a screenshot of the app.

Edit: Have tried moving the apk to /system/apps, setting permissions and rebooting.

thats because, the apk needs touchwiz framework of 4.3 to work correct. it will not work on aosp roms.
Rom: S5 Elite Lite (4.4.2 TW KK)
Modem: XXUEMK1
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

- ODIN guide - Recovery's for Samsung smartphones/Recovery's for S3 I9305

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

Hbohd
Old
Thanks Meter 1,025
Why would you even want to use this featureless calculator, when CM's one has more useful features?
Porter of Boeffla Kernel for i9305 ---> SAMMY and CM/OMNI

Discussion/Q&A thread for Omni users ---> HERE