Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Calc app from 4.3

OP Teknick

2nd May 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Hello all, I have the APK for the calc app used on my stock 4.3 rom, and I'd like to use it on Cyanogenmod. I can't get it to install however, which tells me that it is not as easy as just getting the apk from the stock rom and installing it on CM.

I have Unknown Sources checked, but the error I get when installing is "App not installed."

Does anyone have any information on how I can get this to install properly? Any help is appreciated.

I have attached the apk if it helps, and a screenshot of the app.

Edit: Have tried moving the apk to /system/apps, setting permissions and rebooting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-11-29-21-31-59.png
Views:	25
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	2721400  
Attached Files
File Type: apk com.sec.android.app.popupcalculator_1.0.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1.09 MB, 6 views)
Last edited by Teknick; 2nd May 2014 at 04:03 PM.
6th May 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 585

951 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknick

Hello all, I have the APK for the calc app used on my stock 4.3 rom, and I'd like to use it on Cyanogenmod. I can't get it to install however, which tells me that it is not as easy as just getting the apk from the stock rom and installing it on CM.

I have Unknown Sources checked, but the error I get when installing is "App not installed."

Does anyone have any information on how I can get this to install properly? Any help is appreciated.

I have attached the apk if it helps, and a screenshot of the app.

Edit: Have tried moving the apk to /system/apps, setting permissions and rebooting.

thats because, the apk needs touchwiz framework of 4.3 to work correct. it will not work on aosp roms.
7th May 2014, 10:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Lodz
Thanks Meter: 1,234

977 posts
Why would you even want to use this featureless calculator, when CM's one has more useful features?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread