Change baseband on stock 4.3

Tip us?

shucrut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Default Change baseband on stock 4.3

Hello all

I searched a lot, but i havent had any responses.

I installed the new 4.3 stock firmware, everything was fine. The thing is im having an unusual battery drain when on mobile network, the phone is changing constantly between 3G and HSPA and i think this is the cause for the drain.

I guess flashing my country's baseband via ODIN will solve my problem but i do care about warranty.

Due to that, i want to know if flashing a 4.1.2 baseband via odia over my 4.3 stock germany will trigger the knox flag. If anyone who had tried this could answer that i would be glad

And another question, when the stock firmware for my country is available, will i be able to flash it via odin and it doesnt blow the knox flag?
Samsung Galaxy Ace - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 by androidARMv6
LG Optimus L9 P768 - LG stock 4.1.2, rooted, LOCKED bootloader
Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305T - Stock 4.3 Rooted, Wanam Xposed

seaman5705
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I didn't flash a baseband , but I flashed a custom recovery with Mobile Odin . Knox count did not increase , only custom flash count . .
Knox count was already 1 - due to flash CF-Root , I assume . Custom flash count you can reset with Triangle Away .
The Following User Says Thank You to seaman5705 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shucrut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaman5705 View Post
I didn't flash a baseband , but I flashed a custom recovery with Mobile Odin . Knox count did not increase , only custom flash count . .
Knox count was already 1 - due to flash CF-Root , I assume . Custom flash count you can reset with Triangle Away .

Thanks for replying. The knox thing that worries me, i dont want to blow it to 0x1. I think flashing a baseband will change knox flag too

seaman5705
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Why don't you try a factory reset from recovery first ? It may fix your battery drain .

shucrut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Why don't you try a factory reset from recovery first ? It may fix your battery drain .
Was the first thing i did and solved a bit. The drain decreased but when im in mobile network im having less battery than when im on wifi, which is not normal right?

seaman5705
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Don't know what to say - I have limited data plan , so I don't use it all the time . Did you try set mobile network on GSM only, and switch to 4G-3G only when you need fast data ? Also I think is to early to conclude that data connection drains battery . Give it a couple of days to see what actually eats battery .

shucrut
Old
(Last edited by shucrut; 13th December 2013 at 05:00 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Don't know what to say - I have limited data plan , so I don't use it all the time . Did you try set mobile network on GSM only, and switch to 4G-3G only when you need fast data ? Also I think is to early to conclude that data connection drains battery . Give it a couple of days to see what actually eats battery .
Yeah i will give it a try. Let the 3g mode only and see what happen

EDIT: Im sorry, the phone is switching between 3G and HSPA - both wcdma , so i dont know. Waiting someone install a new baseband over 4.3 to see if knox blows

Hbohd
Old
Thanks Meter 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut View Post
Yeah i will give it a try. Let the 3g mode only and see what happen

EDIT: Im sorry, the phone is switching between 3G and HSPA - both wcdma , so i dont know. Waiting someone install a new baseband over 4.3 to see if knox blows
Firstly, wifi is draining less battery than mobile data (even 2g), therefore try to use it mostly.

Secondly, from what I've noticed icon 3G appears when mobile data is more like on standby and H or H+ when it is working (downloading / uploading).

I hope it helps with your worries a little bit
Porter of Boeffla Kernel for i9305 ---> SAMMY and CM/OMNI

Discussion/Q&A thread for Omni users ---> HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to Hbohd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shucrut
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hbohd View Post
Firstly, wifi is draining less battery than mobile data (even 2g), therefore try to use it mostly.

Secondly, from what I've noticed icon 3G appears when mobile data is more like on standby and H or H+ when it is working (downloading / uploading).

I hope it helps with your worries a little bit
It actually helps a lot, i will continue this way and lets see how its do in a few days, thanks!

Its good to see that im not the only one that noticed this behavior