Ask a question

No registration required

Wink NEED HELP WITH ROOTING # new to this stuff #

OP todd195

30th June 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I got my wife a Samsung s3 and it ran on att towers but we activated it on straight talk the phone did a update to 4.3 last night and now it has so much stuff running in back ground all I want to do is root the phone to get rid of all the stock stuff that comes on the phone or freez it from running in back ground but that's all I want to do is just that stuff to stop the big drain on battery please help I just want to root phone only for that purpose to stop the big battery drain hope someone can help me with this
30th June 2014, 05:44 AM   |  #2  
Flag Singaore
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Things to note when rooting.

Your phone warranty will be voided meaning samsung won't held responsible for your rooted phone if you decide to send your phone to them if there is any hardware problem.

If you still want to root it, here goes:

1. Download the stock firmware of your phone on sammobile (depends on your country and service provider)
2. Put your phone into download mode (off and on your phone. When it goes to Samsung title screen, press home, off and volume down button at the same time.)
3. Connect your pc to your phone and open odin.
4. Check and see if the message shows pass.
5. Under bootloader, open the md5 file that you downloaded before.
6. Start and wait till it finish.
7. Check your phone and reconfigure as if you have a new phone.

EDIT: This will reformat your phone to the stock rom that Samsung has.

If you want to use custom rom, there are a lot of roms that can be found here:
[INDEX] Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, Recoveries, Themes [30 Jun 2014]
Last edited by Cranedrio; 30th June 2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: adding more notes
30th June 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #3  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 584

951 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranedrio

Things to note when rooting.

Your phone warranty will be voided meaning samsung won't held responsible for your rooted phone if you decide to send your phone to them if there is any hardware problem.

If you still want to root it, here goes:

1. Download the stock firmware of your phone on sammobile (depends on your country and service provider)
2. Put your phone into download mode (off and on your phone. When it goes to Samsung title screen, press home, off and volume down button at the same time.)
3. Connect your pc to your phone and open odin.
4. Check and see if the message shows pass.
5. Under bootloader, open the md5 file that you downloaded before.
6. Start and wait till it finish.
7. Check your phone and reconfigure as if you have a new phone.

EDIT: This will reformat your phone to the stock rom that Samsung has.

If you want to use custom rom, there are a lot of roms that can be found here:
[INDEX] Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE - ROMs, Kernels, MODs, Recoveries, Themes [30 Jun 2014]

Sorry but this is not the way to root a i9305 dude, your just telling him to install a stock rom that he already has. he needs to root it.

Noob friendly explanation for rooting i9305 with CF auto root
warranty will be void hereby. steps to root the phone in this order:

* download Odin3 v3.09 here, right click and ''open as administrator'' on your pc
* download CF auto root for i9305 here and unzip it to get the CF auto root .tar md5 file
* in Odin, in the option section you should check the boxes of auto reboot / F. reset time and uncheck re-partition!!
* enable usb debugging in your device in developer options, if you dont see developer options, go to ''about phone'' and tap the buildnumber 7 times and developer options should be visible now (this part is not strictly necessary, just in case if your device is not recognized by pc or odin)
* turn off device now, and put it in odin downloadmode by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN - HOME - POWER buttons at the same time till you see the ''samsung galaxy sIII GT-i9305'' text, then you let go the buttons and it will boot into downloadmode
* in odin, click AP button and select the CF auto root .tar md5 file that you have extracted earlier
* now connect your i9305 to pc with usb cable (in odin under message box, it should say added!)
* now your ready to hit START button, after finished your device will reboot and will be rooted There is a chance that after reboot some message like ''supersu has stopped'' will popup, DONT worry read further...

after you have rooted the device, there will be a app called ''SuperSU''. but its a older version of the app and its ''SU binary'' needs to be updated. go to playstore and under my apps search for supersu, it should state that it needs to be updated, do that and restart your phone
configure the settings of supersu after the reboot as you like.

for deleting or freezing some apps, download Titanium Backup app (pro version recommended for optimal usage) from playstore. open it and supersu will ask you for permission, grand it and your ready to delete or to freeze apps.

Thats all
Last edited by MaHo_66; 30th June 2014 at 04:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 06:34 PM   |  #4  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 594

4,597 posts
More
You can root with:

POOT: This app is a one click root app. No computer needed

Framaroot:
Framaroot is a oneclick root app . No computer needed
This is the most popular one!

Z4Root: Z4Root is an oneclick root app . No computer needed

Towelroot: Towelroot is an oneclick root app. No computer needed

Baidu: No information

Vroot: No information

Gingerbreak: This app can root almost all gingerbread devices

Downloads:

Poot - Download the app >>here<<

Framaroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Z4ROOT - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Towelroot - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Baidu ROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

vROOT - Download the app >> HERE <<

Gingerbreak - Download the app inside this XDA Thread - >> CLICK HERE <<

Flash a SU ZIP - Download the ZIP >> HERE << and flash it on your unlocked bootloader phone !

Hit thanks if you liked this post or this post has helped you out !
The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart Little For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th July 2014, 06:14 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 32

367 posts
More
Dude why you never do any research before asking? There are tutorial on how to root S3 everywhere, yes, I mean EVERYWHERE!
12th July 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #6  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 594

4,597 posts
More
@nikctsh can you send me a link?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread