XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dropped my beloved in water

Tip us?

Cundis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default Dropped my beloved in water

I can't imagine she still works after this! She was under there first for three seconds, but when i tried to rescue her i accidently dropped her one more time. So she was under there for even three more seconds.
After she had dried up under a 50 degrees Celsius fan for a couple of hours she actually worked flawlessly.
I pulled here apart and it seems she is completely dry on the inside.
Hope she stays in this working condition for the future also.

Anybody else experienced this with their beloved ones? What have you done to bring her back to life?

Sendt fra min i9305 med Tapatalk
My devices:

Main device: Galaxy Note 3 n9005, unrooted for now until things become more stable

Backup devices: Galaxy S3 i9305 with CM 10.1 and Yank Kernel and iPhone 4 with iOS7

Raistlin1158
Old
(Last edited by Raistlin1158; 11th December 2013 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundis View Post
I can't imagine she still works after this! She was under there first for three seconds, but when i tried to rescue her i accidently dropped her one more time. So she was under there for even three more seconds.
After she had dried up under a 50 degrees Celsius fan for a couple of hours she actually worked flawlessly.
I pulled here apart and it seems she is completely dry on the inside.
Hope she stays in this working condition for the future also.

Anybody else experienced this with their beloved ones? What have you done to bring her back to life?

Must of been that prayer to the Android god..
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nex, Est Tantum Exordium... מוות רק ההתחלה... Смерть - только начало... 死だけを始めています。...

Cundis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158 View Post
Must of being that prayer to the Android god..
Yeah, i must admit there were some prayers when i got her up in the air..

My devices:

Main device: Galaxy Note 3 n9005, unrooted for now until things become more stable

Backup devices: Galaxy S3 i9305 with CM 10.1 and Yank Kernel and iPhone 4 with iOS7

boomtngz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default experiment

A few months ago I deliberately submerged my i9305 in water whilst playing music
screen flashed and music playing, so took battery apart
surprisingly after drying for 30 min. it was working flawlessly no problems at all

so I tried 1 more experiment, this time charger plugged in music playing.
screen flashed led went crazy. Again took battery out, but this time put it in the preheated oven.
again it worked perfectly, checked inside all parts were intact no damage

I did make a video I'll see if I can find it to upload

I wont suggest trying this but rest a sure that if it drops in water it'll still be OK

Cundis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtngz View Post
A few months ago I deliberately submerged my i9305 in water whilst playing music
screen flashed and music playing, so took battery apart
surprisingly after drying for 30 min. it was working flawlessly no problems at all

so I tried 1 more experiment, this time charger plugged in music playing.
screen flashed led went crazy. Again took battery out, but this time put it in the preheated oven.
again it worked perfectly, checked inside all parts were intact no damage

I did make a video I'll see if I can find it to upload

I wont suggest trying this but rest a sure that if it drops in water it'll still be OK
I'm sure you had lots of fun, but why on earth would you do such a thing to your phone?

Mine got a little unstable the last day. Some strange screen
behaviour. So i got some money from the insurance company, and i bought a note 3. I think that may be a good path to go from now.

My devices: