[Solved] Anyone else experiencing crash of The Guardian android app?

Search This thread

LucasBass

Mar 11, 2013
London
Hi,
Since an update in December, the android app of the UK news paper The Guardian is no longer working for me. I have been waiting till now for them to fix the issue but it still crashes after today's update. The error message shown is "Unfortunately, Guardian has stopped, " I want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue and if there is anyway to prevent it.

Anyone having a GT-i9305 and is on stock kk 4.4.4. Please download it and give me the feedback. Here is the link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.guardian&hl=en .

I'm on Stock 4.4.4 kit Kat, GT-I9305, rooted.
Thanks

Last edited:

Square Eyes

Aug 31, 2011
London
Hi

I got this app working once and once only for about 10 minutes, played around with it and exited the app. I now can't get it to work again no matter what I do.

I can confirm I am having this issue too on Jelly Bean 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)! New phone, not rooted and no crap installed on it, It's driving me insane as I'm not a technophobe. I've tried clearing the cache, clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling more than once, battery pulls, disabling Google+, wiping cache partition in recovery mode, moving app to SD card... ARGHH!

Last edited:

LucasBass

Mar 11, 2013
London
Hi

I got this app working once and once only for about 10 minutes, played around with it and exited the app. I now can't get it to work again no matter what I do.

I can confirm I am having this issue too on Jelly Bean 4.3, Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)! New phone, not rooted and no crap installed on it, It's driving me insane as I'm not a technophobe. I've tried clearing the cache, clearing data, uninstalling and reinstalling more than once, battery pulls, disabling Google+, wiping cache partition in recovery mode, moving app to SD card... ARGHH!

same here, still not working. It's a great app. I was using it everyday and now it doesn't even open

LucasBass

Mar 11, 2013
London
Hi

Try to update it, it should work now, they fixed it. I have an occasional notification "this app is not authorised for billing etc" besides of that it works fine.

Last edited: