Faulty screen s3 lte

21st January 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
So i bought a broken s3 lte for cheap, and the screen is faulty

The problem is that the screen has an upside down T shape in white on the screen, occasionally the T will vanish and the screen will be perfect. I have taken the phone apart to undue the screen cable and reconnect on the off-chance that the connection could be faulty. It all appears like a dry joint issue??

The phone is under Samsung warranty but when i asked the chap whom i bought it from he said that he tried to return the phone but Samsung stated that the screen was water damaged??? On opening the unit all the stickers have no bleed on them at all, but that the speaker had some mild rust appearance??

I need help in ascertain if there is a simple fix like a new ribbon for the screen or if a totally new screen is required and I pay samsung 120 quid, which I won't be doing as it is a false economy
21st January 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,044 posts
Warranty is void you took it apart .

Have you tried wiping the phone and flashing firmware .
21st January 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

Warranty is void you took it apart .

Have you tried wiping the phone and flashing firmware .

Updated the software this afternoon and that seemed to help a little. Then it got worse again.

I have factory reset the phone with a cache wipe and that seems to have really helped but for how long I don't know??

Flashing firmware but whose? I did get this phone primarily for cyanogenmod but that is because they do provide an easy upgrade pathway

thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread