[Q] Firmware updating problem + Google Play

31st January 2014, 06:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
More
Hey,

Recently I've been having a LOT of trouble with my galaxy S3 LTE. For over a year it's been fine other than a firmware problem - but roughly 3 days ago, Google Play started to not let me in thanks to a "connection error". After deleting my account from Google, clearing cache and fixing the "hosts" file. Nothing worked.

Seemingly, A factory reset would be the only solution?

So I backed up all my images, music and contacts to the SD card, unmounted it and factory reset the phone through the recovery method thinking "Finally, it'll all be back to normal" but once again. Google won't allow me to add an account and the software won't update although I have the stock firmware?

Is there any way to actually fix these problems properly?

Thanks.

Galaxy S3 LTE
Stock Android version 4.1.2
EE
31st January 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 120

523 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidPicksley

Hey,

Recently I've been having a LOT of trouble with my galaxy S3 LTE. For over a year it's been fine other than a firmware problem - but roughly 3 days ago, Google Play started to not let me in thanks to a "connection error". After deleting my account from Google, clearing cache and fixing the "hosts" file. Nothing worked.

Seemingly, A factory reset would be the only solution?

So I backed up all my images, music and contacts to the SD card, unmounted it and factory reset the phone through the recovery method thinking "Finally, it'll all be back to normal" but once again. Google won't allow me to add an account and the software won't update although I have the stock firmware?

Is there any way to actually fix these problems properly?

Thanks.

Galaxy S3 LTE
Stock Android version 4.1.2
EE

Re flash with this :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1942150
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread