Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

FIX: cannot download from Play Store on Cellular Data...Solution !

OP GODSPD

29th November 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #1  
GODSPD's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 32
 
247 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2012
More
Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

Once connected to WiFi everthing works fine...

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)


Done
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODSPD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPD

Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

Once connected to WiFi everthing works fine...

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)


Done

Thanks heaps. I have always been annoyed when it would work
4th January 2013, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
hy
I got my phone from orange and then i unlocked network and now i use cosmote and a cant use data mobile 3g h h+ and i have done wat u say but nothing . I can use only wi-fi data mobile no
Last edited by xpauldd; 4th January 2013 at 08:23 PM.
4th January 2013, 11:41 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
116 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpauldd

I got my phone from orange and then i unlocked network and now i use cosmote and a cant use data mobile 3g h h+ and i have done wat u say but nothing . I can use only wi-fi data mobile no

Are Cosmote APN settings correct ?
6th January 2013, 01:21 AM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
Yes i have call them to send me the setings but nothing
7th January 2013, 01:02 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
HI, I used your method. Google play i working properly. But other downloads stops like 4shared or any other file hosting services. Please help.
I am using Vodafone Mumbai on Sony xperia sl.
21st November 2013, 06:10 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Thumbs up
The following settings helped me in resolving the same issue on my GT-N7000:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=12

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------
Last edited by Bivas; 21st November 2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: duplicate text
6th February 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
Smile
Bought lenovo k900 and faced the same problem,,,,,,,,,,,,but solved after reading your method .........thank you very much
6th February 2014, 09:41 PM   |  #9  
Raistlin1158's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

The 'Update over Wifi' setting had nothing to do with the issue apparently.
22nd February 2014, 10:48 AM   |  #10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158

After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

The 'Update over Wifi' setting had nothing to do with the issue apparently.

Hi, where are these setting found?

I can't see them....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes