MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

FIX: cannot download from Play Store on Cellular Data...Solution !

29th November 2012, 12:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 32

236 posts
More
Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

Once connected to WiFi everthing works fine...

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)

Done
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GODSPD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th December 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPD

Many users including myself cannot download anything from the Play Store on 3G H or H+ E or CDMA..The download will fail and you will receive 'Invalid Package' error message each time.

Once connected to WiFi everthing works fine...

After trying various fixes, ROMS, asking questions, and hours spent researcing i have found a fix. The problem lies not with the phone but the Network Provider, I use Vodafone AU on my factory unlocked but Telstra delivered I9305 GT, Since Vodafone has not yet released this version they have not set up their proxy for the Google Play store. If you are facing issues when downloading from the Play Store, try this:

Settings - Wireless and networks - More settings - Mobile networks - Access Point Name \ (name of operator apn) \

DELETE: PROXY and PORT configuration !!! (leave the MMS Proxy and MMS Port alone)

Done

Thanks heaps. I have always been annoyed when it would work
4th January 2013, 07:16 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
hy
I got my phone from orange and then i unlocked network and now i use cosmote and a cant use data mobile 3g h h+ and i have done wat u say but nothing . I can use only wi-fi data mobile no
Last edited by xpauldd; 4th January 2013 at 07:23 PM.
4th January 2013, 10:41 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpauldd

I got my phone from orange and then i unlocked network and now i use cosmote and a cant use data mobile 3g h h+ and i have done wat u say but nothing . I can use only wi-fi data mobile no

Are Cosmote APN settings correct ?
6th January 2013, 12:21 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Yes i have call them to send me the setings but nothing
7th January 2013, 12:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag mumbai

22 posts
HI, I used your method. Google play i working properly. But other downloads stops like 4shared or any other file hosting services. Please help.
I am using Vodafone Mumbai on Sony xperia sl.
21st November 2013, 05:10 AM   |  #7  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
More
Thumbs up
The following settings helped me in resolving the same issue on my GT-N7000:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=12

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------
Last edited by Bivas; 21st November 2013 at 05:16 AM. Reason: duplicate text
6th February 2014, 07:02 PM   |  #8  

2 posts
Smile
Bought lenovo k900 and faced the same problem,,,,,,,,,,,,but solved after reading your method .........thank you very much
6th February 2014, 08:41 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 120

523 posts
After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

The 'Update over Wifi' setting had nothing to do with the issue apparently.
22nd February 2014, 09:48 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

73 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raistlin1158

After some search, I found that the 'Media' process should also have background Data enabled for Google Play to work on 3G/Data connection. I had restricted background data for this process as well. After removing the restriction on Background data for both 'Media' & 'Play' Store, I am now able to download over 2G/3G connection as well.

The 'Update over Wifi' setting had nothing to do with the issue apparently.

Hi, where are these setting found?

I can't see them....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread