Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,836 Members 43,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing CM11 from stock 4.1.1 (about KNOX)

Tip us?

jonathanchik
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Flashing CM11 from stock 4.1.1 (about KNOX)

Hello, I have a i9305 with stock 4.1.1 (not rooted yet). I would like to try flashing CM11. When I look into forum and found some users get stuck by the KNOX flag. I just have some simple questions (hopefully): Do I need to update bootloader (to the one with KNOX) in order to install CM11, after I root and install custom recovery? If yes, will installation of CM11 trigger KNOX flag, even I have not flashed stock 4.3 before?

Thank you.

daedric
Old
Thanks Meter 344
I'm knoxed, but i believe CM kernel is compatible with both bootloaders...

HTC Kaiser . CM6 ......... OC@530mHz - Kitchen Watch with NTP .
HTC Leo .... CMX OC@1.19gHz, Jellybean
HTC Ace .... CMX OC@1.5gHz, ICS + Sense 4.0

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanchik View Post
Hello, I have a i9305 with stock 4.1.1 (not rooted yet). I would like to try flashing CM11. When I look into forum and found some users get stuck by the KNOX flag. I just have some simple questions (hopefully): Do I need to update bootloader (to the one with KNOX) in order to install CM11, after I root and install custom recovery? If yes, will installation of CM11 trigger KNOX flag, even I have not flashed stock 4.3 before?

Thank you.
you do not need to update bootloader to flash cm11. the installation of cm11 cant trigger knox cause there is no knox bootloader on your device, you will get knox bootloader ONLY by updating to 4.3, manually or ota doesnt matter. try not to get the knox bootloader
Rom: Community Rom v1.1 (TW 4.4.2 KK PORT)
Modem: XXUEMK1
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

- ODIN guide for Samsung smartphones

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!