[Q] Flashing rom's with 4.3 knox-bootloader

Search This thread
Bloatware, force closes and all of that... NO.

Im done with stock rom and now is a good time to void my warranty! :D

I dont want to brick my device at the first place so maybe someone could help me out and explain how to flash rom's with this thing?

There seems to be so much different ways to do things but Im on a risk of bricking if I just go and flash things with this knox-bootloader...

Please clear out the procedure for me :)

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
So, I just found this thread.

Flash recovery, backup IMEI / NV Data and then I can flash 4.3 and 4.4 roms like I want..?

basically for flashing custom roms/kernels, these are the things needed:

- root acces
- custom recovery like cwm/philz/twrp

and youre good to go. remember to flash only roms/kernels/recoverys made for i9305 specifically, otherwise youll risk bricking your phone!

to avoid any problems in recovery while flashing roms, use always the latest recovery version as those are compatible with the newest roms around.

:good:

MaHo_66

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 21, 2014
Utrecht
So this knox-bootloader wont cause any problems with 4.3 and 4.4 roms?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

no it wont, cause when updating the supersu binary supersu app will ask you to deactivate knox so it wont bother with any settings or apps on your device after deactivated

Reactions: heatti
no it wont, cause when updating the supersu binary supersu app will ask you to deactivate knox so it wont bother with any settings or apps on your device after deactivated

I managed to get a root, flashed philz recovery and backed up efs with several different ways just in case.

Now Im running on latest LiquidSmooth Rom and my S3 is officially reborn! :highfive:

Thanks for the help man :good:

Reactions: MaHo_66

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So this knox-bootloader wont cause any problems with 4.3 and 4.4 roms?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I managed to get a root, flashed philz recovery and backed up efs with several different ways just in case.

Now Im running on latest LiquidSmooth Rom and my S3 is officially reborn! :highfive:

Thanks for the help man :good: