FORUMS

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

[Q] going form 4.4.back to 4.3????????

67 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By danmanbad, Member on 12th April 2014, 05:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I was reading something about not being able to go back form 4.4 back to 4.3

is is true that I cant go back to 4.3 or lower if I change to 4.4, are they talking guff or is that only to do with if you have update to official stock firmware

thank you for your help in advance

Edit: ive modded my phone already tripped knox so that's not a problem. im running cm 10.1.3 stable at the mo
Last edited by danmanbad; 12th April 2014 at 05:05 PM.
 
 
12th April 2014, 07:00 PM |#2  
spiderman07's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
More
i assume you talk about CM11 - 4.4 - official 4.4 is not out yet...

ofc you can go back...i did it twice already...also got knox to 1(don't care)....
used OMNI ROM(4.4.2) - now on stock rooted and removed some samsung apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th April 2014, 08:20 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Of course, Odin back to 4.1.2, then flash 4.3again.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com
The Following User Says Thank You to anguslaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 02:06 AM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07

i assume you talk about CM11 - 4.4 - official 4.4 is not out yet...

ofc you can go back...i did it twice already...also got knox to 1(don't care)....
used OMNI ROM(4.4.2) - now on stock rooted and removed some samsung apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguslaw

Of course, Odin back to 4.1.2, then flash 4.3again.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

Oh yea durrr ofcourse its not out yet what am i on about

cool guys just wanted to know

Thank You
13th April 2014, 07:20 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 93
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anguslaw

Of course, Odin back to 4.1.2, then flash 4.3again.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA-FORUM, powered by appyet.com

What about 4.3 Knox bootloader and tripping Knox flag?
13th April 2014, 08:10 AM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 194
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danmanbad

Oh yea durrr ofcourse its not out yet what am i on about

cool guys just wanted to know

Thank You

Have you flashed the stock 4.3 firmware before? If not, you don't have to care about Knox boot loader.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 11:11 AM |#7  
Member
Flag Bottrop
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I was on 4.1.2 ripper rom first. Then 4.3 alliance rom and after it I tried many 4.4.2 aosp Roms. Now I wanted to go back to 4.3 and I flashed alliance rom without data wipe and it works like a charm. Maybe it's better to wipe, but for me it worked without it. Important is that you don't have Knox on your Sammy.
14th April 2014, 06:53 PM |#8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bautinho88

I was on 4.1.2 ripper rom first. Then 4.3 alliance rom and after it I tried many 4.4.2 aosp Roms. Now I wanted to go back to 4.3 and I flashed alliance rom without data wipe and it works like a charm. Maybe it's better to wipe, but for me it worked without it. Important is that you don't have Knox on your Sammy.

fi you want to back from aosp 4.4 to samsung 4.3 you can
standart odin flash
14th April 2014, 07:17 PM |#9  
Member
Flag Bottrop
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussl

fi you want to back from aosp 4.4 to samsung 4.3 you can
standart odin flash

As I wrote I did it with normal flash via philz recovery on my sammy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes