Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,108 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] galaxy s3 alliance ROM, PLEASE I need help

Tip us?

cguymartin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] galaxy s3 alliance ROM, PLEASE I need help

hey guys, and gals...I really need your help. so after holding off for over a year and a half i finally decided to root my gs3 and unfortunately I unknowingly accepted the 4.3 OTA update and well, you can probably guess the rest...so here it is. i used safestrap to get around the locked down bootloader and i installed the wicked_sensations ROM and had so many issues i decided that maybe this whole rooting thing was a lost cause...then i installed the alliance ROM and it worked much better....the issue i am having is that i cannot seem to get the wifi to work or the mobile hotspot either...i flashed the ROM and the ML1 modules and well, i just cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. I am relatively new to this android rooting process and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

fotbal5
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cguymartin View Post
hey guys, and gals...I really need your help. so after holding off for over a year and a half i finally decided to root my gs3 and unfortunately I unknowingly accepted the 4.3 OTA update and well, you can probably guess the rest...so here it is. i used safestrap to get around the locked down bootloader and i installed the wicked_sensations ROM and had so many issues i decided that maybe this whole rooting thing was a lost cause...then i installed the alliance ROM and it worked much better....the issue i am having is that i cannot seem to get the wifi to work or the mobile hotspot either...i flashed the ROM and the ML1 modules and well, i just cannot seem to find a solution to my problem. I am relatively new to this android rooting process and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Don't use stock kernel use agni or boeffla.
I9305 ROM AllianceRom v3.5 whit Agni last version: CPU and GPU under volt -50mV and -50mV
I9000 **C-RoM** -4.4.2- ...
HIT THANKS if you like what i say

cguymartin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile sorry to ask, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotbal5 View Post
Don't use stock kernel use agni or boeffla.
is there any way you could give me more information? i dont know anything about swapping out the kernel or if that is even possible with the locked bootloader? in case it matters, i am using safestrap to bypass the stock verizon bootloader...thanks again