[Q]GT-i9305 connecting Xbox 360 Gamepad/Controller

Tip us?

ElectricPulze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q]GT-i9305 connecting Xbox 360 Gamepad/Controller

Hello XDA Community!

I own a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (Android 4.4.4). When I connect my xbox 360 controller with an OTG cable, nothing happends. I've tried to connect it before I start a game and while in game. It only starts blinking and nothing else happends. I can connect a keyboard/mouse to my OTG cable and it works like a charm. Is this a common problem? Can I fix it somehow? I've tried to follow some post which led me to download .kl files which I put in /system/usr/keylayout but it didn't change anything. I really want this to work.

ElectricPulze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Is there noone with any knowledge about this problem?

kachan64
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hello. Your phone may not be powerful enough like a tablet to be able to run Xbox 360 controller.
And most of the game will support this out of the box without configuring like on PC games.

ElectricPulze
Old
(Last edited by ElectricPulze; 31st August 2014 at 08:40 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachan64 View Post
Hello. Your phone may not be powerful enough like a tablet to be able to run Xbox 360 controller.
And most of the game will support this out of the box without configuring like on PC games.
Well, in this video you can see it works with the i9300, I have the i9305.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrZ-xnzYVLA

And I can see my controller show up and read button activity inside "USB/BT JoystickCenter GOLD".
Basicly I think the controller communicates with my phone, but my phone doesn't understand since it's missing something?

kachan64
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yes it's funny as I also got the samr model as you. Did your controller flashed rapidly like mine did? Left/Right bumper should swipe to different pages and the d-pad should select the icons you work. This didn't work either.
Try a Bluetooth controller maybe?

ElectricPulze
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachan64 View Post
Yes it's funny as I also got the samr model as you. Did your controller flashed rapidly like mine did? Left/Right bumper should swipe to different pages and the d-pad should select the icons you work. This didn't work either.
Try a Bluetooth controller maybe?
Mine flashed rapidly (like they always do.) and my problem is also that my bumpers doesnt swipe pages or select any icons. I have no bluetooth controller and I can get x360 controller to work with apps, such as USB/BT Joystick Center GOLD. But I dont want that, I need "native support" or w/e you want to call it. I want it to work with limelight to play games.
PC <> CPU: I7 4770k || GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 || Mobo: MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX
Phone <> Samsung Galaxy S III LTE GT-i9305 || Cyanogenmod 11