Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bootlooping, unrooted GT-i9305n

Tip us?

BloomTwig
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Bootlooping, unrooted GT-i9305n

Hello,

I have been asked to help a relative to fix his sgs3 that have never been rooted and is boot-looping. I can access download mode, and I figure just using Odin to flash stock rom on to it would fix it. Or at least might. I have a few questions:

The phone is bought in Sweden and might be sim locked. Will this pose a problem? Furthermore, how will I find the correct stock rom to flash (from Odin)
Are there anything else I need to consider? All I have worked with is my sgs4 that I have rooted and sorta messed up and fixed my self. Now I don't know exactly what has happened and I just want to do some basic resurrection atempts.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
BloomTwig
Using:
ASUS TF700T (Infinity) running CROMi-Xenogenesis
Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337M) running ALPHA S4

In retirement:
HTC One X running InsertCoin
HTC Incredible S running IceCold Sandwich
Sony Ericsson x10 mini, unrooted.

Smedslund
Old
Thanks Meter 19
The sims lock will not be a problem. I have a carrier locked device and it's rooted.

If you speak Swedish and want help. Send me a PM and I will help you out.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Phone :Samsung GT-i9305n (LTE)
Recovery: TRWP 2.7
Kernel version: OMNI Boeffla 2.3 beta7 by hbohd
Rom: Spirit rom
Modem: XXUEMK1

The Following User Says Thank You to Smedslund For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiderman07
Old
Thanks Meter 35
try to enter stock recovery(volume up + home +power) and do a factory reset + wipe cache....
if this doesn't solve the problem, flash the firmware for your country...get it from samfirmware.com....
after flash it you might still get a bootloop...enter stock recovery and do a factory reset and wipe cache...now it will definetly work...
firmwares from samfirmware.com are official and don't trip knox counter(if it has it)...
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderman07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]