Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,368 Members 51,793 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help- reboot loop (power button not stuck)

Tip us?

ycon
Old
(Last edited by ycon; 1st July 2014 at 11:44 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Help- reboot loop (power button not stuck)

Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) and was quick enough to use Odin to flash it back to stock.

I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on

It has 1 month of warranty remaining- but I will have to remove any trace of roms etc. (My idea on doing this is to remove the powerboard plug that connects to the power button while it's rebooting. Then I can use the phone via my PC to remove any trace of roms?)

Please help- what can I do?
Samsung Galaxy SIII 4G (i9305) international (EU) Resurrection Remix® 4.4.2 KitKat v5.0.9

SamC95
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycon View Post
Hi,

I am stuck on an infinite booting loop. I had the rom (see sig) installed for about 3 months and all worked fine. In the last week, I noticed it kept resetting itself often such as after calls).

I did not change the rom in any way, or add any mods. Randomly today it just switched off.

I can't boot to download mode. I can get to recovery (for a matter of seconds) and was quick enough to use Odin to flash it back to stock.

I've unscrewed the back, and jiggled the power button and that isn't a problem

But it looks as if it's turning itself on- as soon as I put the battery in, it turns on

It has 1 month of warranty remaining- but I will have to remove any trace of roms etc. (My idea on doing this is to remove the powerboard plug that connects to the power button while it's rebooting. Then I can use the phone via my PC to remove any trace of roms?)

Please help- what can I do?
Maybe it's a dumb idea (i don't flash kernels/rom's that long) but i had a similar problem and it was because of the kernel, not the rom so i reflashed the rom and after that i flashed another kernel and it worked, you could try that?
Phone - Samsung Galaxy S3 LTE (i9305)
ROM - AOKP 4.4.2
Kernel - AGNI V2.8.0
Recovery - TWRP