Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 38,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hot phone not charging. samsung I9305 s3 4g lte

Tip us?

longimanus77
Old
(Last edited by longimanus77; 19th August 2014 at 10:58 AM.) Reason: info check.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Hot phone not charging. samsung I9305 s3 4g lte

Hi,

VVnoob so please be gentle. I have searched but problems not exactly the same.

I have the samsung I9305 4g lte.

My phone will not charge and gets hot. When plugged in without the battery it still gets hot (unplugged vquickly) and does not come on. I see nothing, no battery sign, no light.

The last time i charged the phone, it didn't seem to charge and with a little change of position it did. I then used it and went to charge it at about 15% battery, (usually when the phone is off as its quicker (still an age) but can't remember on this occasion.....as) then next time i looked, no charge at all.

Nothing has happened in between times. Could this just be a need to change usb charge cable? The port does seem like there is play in the cable when its in, is this normal? The surge protector tells me charge goes through (Thailand though so not sure if power is regular) and obviously the phone gets hot but nothing else. It is clean, not used all the time as a normal phone and out and about irregularly. I really need it though and it cost me a lot of money and would appreciate any help.

It is not rooted (I dont know enough of what i'm doing!) and aside from some apps on it i have not done any form of fancy modification. I am using original samsung usb cable/charger adapter. It will be updated to whatever version samsung has updated to so I'm not sure what android OS its running or anything else.

Any help appreciated. Apologies for being verbose!

kta912413
Old
Thanks Meter 1
you may try to change the cable as every cable have its life cycle even the stock one
The Following User Says Thank You to kta912413 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]