First the relevant data
Galaxy S3 LTE I9305
ROM: Carbon Rom KK 4.4 (CARBON-KK-NIGHTLY-20140701-1234-i9305.zip)
Kernel: Standard Carbon Kernel
The phone reboots itself sporadic and then gets stuck at bootlogo. It is completly sporadic so sometimes it is when i am using it heavyly sometimes just when i end a call or want to do something else not intensive.
The only solution then is to go to recovery, wipe cache and dalvik cache and the reboot. The phone the rebuilds the dalvik cache and crashes a few times while the process.
But there are some more strange things going on:
The battery is almost fully charged, when the phone crashes and reboots a few times while rebuilding dalvik cache the battery show up empty suddenly! Phones turns off and only turns on when plugged to charger and then shows battery level 0% when running again. The charging process begins normally from there.
Sometimes the battery shows empty as described above but when i restart the phone again and rebuild dalvik cache it's on its old state (almost full).
When i take pictures, sometimes the camera shows some red stripes all over the stored picture or even in focus mode. Then the screen starts flickering and phone crashes as describes above.
When crashed and running again after some tries to build dalvik cache, sometimes i enter PIN to unlock sim card and nothing happens. Then the screen starts flickering again and it crashes. Procedure start again then.
When the phone crashes and i plug it to the charger before rebuilding dalvik cache, it runs through without any errors like it should.
What i tried so far:
- Other ROM (AOKP, CM, other Carbon Rom builds)
- wiped everything (really everything on internal storage) and clean install
- reflash after crash (dirty)
- reflash after crash (wipe)
- leave phone with just a few apps after clean install (thought it could be one of my apps)
- recording a logcat (aLocRec and logcat reader) but the problem here is as the logcat is stored in memory it's not accessible after crash (reboot).
What i want to try next:
- try getting a logcat via adb and hope it crashes while logging
- other kernel (don't want to try this, would be last option).
Does anyone have an idea?