Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

think i have a i9305 lte..mobile network not found..

Tip us?

loady
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default think i have a i9305 lte..mobile network not found..

I have been given a sg3, the model number is 9305 and the back cover has LTE motif on it so i assume it is the later variant from what i have read, it is running android 4.1.1 but i cant get any updates to it and no sim card will register on on network, i have checked the imei is not black listed so i know its not stolen. I have the yellow triangle on it so i assume something has been done and the is no recovery mode when i press down and home button, i used root checker and it seems to be unrooted.

What i want to do is just get it to a latest stock rom or unbloated google rom and have it in unlocked state as i want to give it to someone.

Not really sure how i should proceed from here..please advise.

Thank you

juliancarney
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is it possible that your S3 LTE comes from another country? If it so then maybe the 3G/4G bands defined are not compatible with the frequencies in your country.

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliancarney View Post
Is it possible that your S3 LTE comes from another country? If it so then maybe the 3G/4G bands defined are not compatible with the frequencies in your country.
Oh, BTW I forgot: you can download a stock ROM (Samsung) from here (4.1.2 and 4.3):

samsung-updates.com / device/?id=GT-I9305

I tried the stock 4.3 and it drains my battery as crazy so I've ended up with Cyanogenmod (now 4.4.4, nightly) that works great.

And if you look for "modem"|"baseband" I9305 you will also find a list of software modem/basebands to install to your ROM.