Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,588 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I9305 stuck with EDGE and no 3G/LTE

Tip us?

worldtree
Old
(Last edited by worldtree; 20th February 2014 at 12:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I9305 stuck with EDGE and no 3G/LTE

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Long story short, a friend gave me an I9305, however, I can't connect to a supported 3G network.

He had toyed around with the device (rooted, installed CM11), then reverted unrooted and reverted to stock firmware. When I got the device, I rooted it with Framaroot, flashed CWM 6.0.4.5, then flashed CM11 and Boeffla kernel. My SIM card was quite old and my carrier told that it doesn't support 3G, so I filed up for a new one. Ok, I got it, however..I'm yet again stuck on EDGE!!!

Tried reflashing CM11, CWM, flashed almost every radio baseband modem from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2010116 to no avail. My IMEI is intact, as well as my Serial Number.

Yes, I read all threads, I tried going to Settings>Wireless&networks> More > Mobile Netwroks >Preffered Network type and checked all options. When I select 3G only, the icon goes to "H", but i can't access the web. After 10-20 seconds, the H icon dissappears and I'm forced to reboot the phone to regain my EDGE data.

At the moment, I'm running the latest Omni ROM nightly. My operator supports all 3G and LTE bands, and I got the correct APNs.

Should I flash a stock ROM and check if this does the job?

I'll greatly appreciate any help, because I'm stuck.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Wipe phone factory reset flash stock rom with modem and csc for your network.

worldtree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan View Post
Wipe phone factory reset flash stock rom with modem and csc for your network.
I can't check my csc code - whenever i type a code in the dialer I get "connection timed out or invalid mmi code". The only ones that work are *#06# and *#*#4636#*#*...

worldtree
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, so I'm running a stock 4.3 rom and STILL have no 3G....tried everything.

Anyone, help?

rasseru16
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Maybe if you can try to downgrade to a firmware 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin and then try and access the service mode menu. From there you may be able to enable the 3G/LTE DRX (Radio) which seems to remain a permanent change in the phone once you upgrade again to 4.3.
The Following User Says Thank You to rasseru16 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]