Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,704 Members 52,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] i9305 touchscreen unresponsive after flash

Tip us?

flyjodel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] i9305 touchscreen unresponsive after flash

Hi folks,

i've flashed the bootloader of my i9305 with a wrong version, meant for a i7100 ... I've mismatched two directories while choosing it from Odin.
The result is that the phone boots, but the touchscreen is unresponsive. Only the two softbuttons right and left of the home button give a response. The hardware buttons works properly, so I think it's a software problem.
I've flashed a stock rom, it worked through but without any positive effect.

What can I do to fix this ?

In this video you'll see that the phone seems to work, but I can't go further than the welcome screen.

youtu.be/nEN1g7jY9m8

Thank you very much !

LucasBass
Old
(Last edited by LucasBass; 13th July 2014 at 02:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjodel View Post
Hi folks,

i've flashed the bootloader of my i9305 with a wrong version, meant for a i7100 ... I've mismatched two directories while choosing it from Odin.
The result is that the phone boots, but the touchscreen is unresponsive. Only the two softbuttons right and left of the home button give a response. The hardware buttons works properly, so I think it's a software problem.
I've flashed a stock rom, it worked through but without any positive effect.

What can I do to fix this ?

In this video you'll see that the phone seems to work, but I can't go further than the welcome screen.

youtu.be/nEN1g7jY9m8

Thank you very much !
I think you fried your digitizer by flashing the wrong bootloader, The digitizer fried because I7100 digitizer uses a higher voltage than I9305. When the I7100 kernel was flashed, higher voltage was given to the digitizer. Somebody else may have a better solution but for me the only way to repair it is to flash to stock and replace the digitizer.

See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMG-_26NgXM
The Following User Says Thank You to LucasBass For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

flyjodel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasBass View Post
I think you fried your digitizer by flashing the wrong bootloader, The digitizer fried because I7100 digitizer uses a higher voltage than I9305. When the I7100 kernel was flashed, higher voltage was given to the digitizer. Somebody else may have a better solution but for me the only way to repair it is to flash to stock and replace the digitizer.
Hi Lucas,

many thanks for your advice. I wan't aware of this different voltage. Too bad.
So, I've just ordered a new digitizer+screen, 66 euros on ebay. I hope it'll help !

thank you

flyjodel
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi Lucas,

many thanks for your advice. I wan't aware of this different voltage. Too bad.
So, I've just ordered a new digitizer+screen, 66 euros on ebay. I hope it'll help !

thank you
it worked. I changed the package LCD+touch+frontscreen, very easy to do and my phone worked again in less than 15 minutes.

kachan64
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good to know. 😍

LucasBass
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
it worked. I changed the package LCD+touch+frontscreen, very easy to do and my phone worked again in less than 15 minutes.
I'm glad it worked , double check before you flash something into your phone now.
Tags
i9305, touchscreen