Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[SOLVED] Installing rom failure.

OP TheYello

17th June 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Ok 1. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.
2. I am sorry if this does not make any sense.
3. I have searched the internets but I have not found anything.


So I am trying to install cm-11-20140615-NIGHTLY-i9305 onto my S3 LTE (the i9305) android 4.3. I have rooted it (i think, I flashed Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0 onto it and also CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.) And CWM-Recovery.

I never let the phone boot up completly since it will reflash original firmware with knox (or something) What I did was as soon as I saw samsung galaxy s3 LTE I pulled out the battery.

Then I went into CWM-Recovery I wiped dalvik I did factory reset. But when I try to Flash the rom I have in my sd it says. "This package is for "m3,m3xx,i9305, GT-I9305" devices; this is a "m0".

What am I doing wrong? Is my phone compleatly unrootable and unromable? is there a way I can downgrade to 4.1? BTW I live in sweden so I have the Telia firmware
Last edited by TheYello; 17th June 2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Its solved
17th June 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #2  
MaHo_66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 585
 
953 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYello

Ok 1. I am sorry if this is in the wrong section.
2. I am sorry if this does not make any sense.
3. I have searched the internets but I have not found anything.


So I am trying to install cm-11-20140615-NIGHTLY-i9305 onto my S3 LTE (the i9305) android 4.3. I have rooted it (i think, I flashed Root_SuperSU.1.02-Busybox.1.21.0 onto it and also CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.) And CWM-Recovery.

I never let the phone boot up completly since it will reflash original firmware with knox (or something) What I did was as soon as I saw samsung galaxy s3 LTE I pulled out the battery.

Then I went into CWM-Recovery I wiped dalvik I did factory reset. But when I try to Flash the rom I have in my sd it says. "This package is for "m3,m3xx,i9305, GT-I9305" devices; this is a "m0".

What am I doing wrong? Is my phone compleatly unrootable and unromable? is there a way I can downgrade to 4.1? BTW I live in sweden so I have the Telia firmware

Do this to start fresh and clean from the beginning:

1. flash with odin3 v3.09 from your pc your official 4.3 firmware back to your device (google about flashing with odin if you dont know how to)
2. use the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file to flash with odin again for rooting the device
3. here on this thread are recoverys for our i9305 you get to choose which you want twrp/philz(cwm advanced edition)/cwm. i recommend philz 6.41.6 as its the latest one based on cwm touch 6.0.4.8. again flash the recovery with odin
4. now youre ready for a custom rom. download the cm11 nightly.zip you want, put it in your internal sd or external sd, boot into your recovery and do these:

- wipe data factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- in mounts and storage --> format system/format cache/format data (this whole part is optional, for if you want a really clean flash)
- in advanced --> wipe dalvik cache

now select install from zip and find the zip package that you put earlier in int. or ext. sd, install it and when finished reboot your phone

Thats it
17th June 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

Do this to start fresh and clean from the beginning:

1. flash with odin3 v3.09 from your pc your official 4.3 firmware back to your device (google about flashing with odin if you dont know how to)
2. use the CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5 file to flash with odin again for rooting the device
3. here on this thread are recoverys for our i9305 you get to choose which you want twrp/philz(cwm advanced edition)/cwm. i recommend philz 6.41.6 as its the latest one based on cwm touch 6.0.4.8. again flash the recovery with odin
4. now youre ready for a custom rom. download the cm11 nightly.zip you want, put it in your internal sd or external sd, boot into your recovery and do these:

- wipe data factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- in mounts and storage --> format system/format cache/format data (this whole part is optional, for if you want a really clean flash)
- in advanced --> wipe dalvik cache

now select install from zip and find the zip package that you put earlier in int. or ext. sd, install it and when finished reboot your phone

Thats it

IT WORKS!!! OMG thank you! I have searched and searched far and wide for a solution! (last time I accidently flashed CWM-recovery for a nexus and bricked it ( fortunatly the insuranse company I had my phone on didnt care (or didnt know >:3))) Thank you again big vouch!
Last edited by TheYello; 17th June 2014 at 09:53 PM. Reason: That guy thats amazing helped me and it worked!
18th June 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Well...
O̶o̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶d̶i̶s̶h̶)̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶?̶ Never mind I got it working. Cant figure out how to delete posts tho :d
Last edited by TheYello; 18th June 2014 at 09:24 PM.
18th June 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #5  
MaHo_66's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 585
 
953 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYello

O̶o̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶c̶u̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶(̶o̶r̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶s̶w̶e̶d̶i̶s̶h̶)̶ ̶A̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶l̶u̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶?̶ Never mind I got it working. Cant figure out how to delete posts tho :d

Hey mate,

here is the flashable supersu v2.00 for gaining root acces with omni rom

UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip
19th June 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
THank you once again
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

Hey mate,

here is the flashable supersu v2.00 for gaining root acces with omni rom

Attachment 2805971

Oh thank you... Im not great at reading these forums... or any forum.. ever.. I dont like forums but THANKS you've been the biggest of helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheYello For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes