Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [Issue] Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Stuck At Spinning Circle After Titaniumbackup Flash.

Tip us?

Shinny123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [Issue] Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Stuck At Spinning Circle After Titaniumbackup Flash.

I have tried this numerous times still no result.
Cm 10.1.3 works perfectly fine. But once i flash it with my Titanium backup update.zip file. There will be errors, and after i reboot it, it iwll just get stuck at the spinning blue circle. I have tried everything, from apps+data to only app data. Nothing works.

I would have to factory reset and reflash it again.

I use clockworks mod recovery.
My phone is a odin rooted Galaxy S3 Lte (i9305)

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny123 View Post
I have tried this numerous times still no result.
Cm 10.1.3 works perfectly fine. But once i flash it with my Titanium backup update.zip file. There will be errors, and after i reboot it, it iwll just get stuck at the spinning blue circle. I have tried everything, from apps+data to only app data. Nothing works.

I would have to factory reset and reflash it again.

I use clockworks mod recovery.
My phone is a odin rooted Galaxy S3 Lte (i9305)
use recovery to flash roms not TB, its much more reliable.. i think the problem is because of apps and data you trying to restore with the update.zip. i know you use tb because you want to restore your apps+data easily while flashing new rom, but tb seems to give problems with this method
Rom: S5 Elite Lite (4.4.2 TW KK)
Modem: XXUEMK1
Recovery: Philz touch 6.48.4

- ODIN guide - Recovery's for Samsung smartphones/Recovery's for S3 I9305

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

Shinny123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66 View Post
use recovery to flash roms not TB, its much more reliable.. i think the problem is because of apps and data you trying to restore with the update.zip. i know you use tb because you want to restore your apps+data easily while flashing new rom, but tb seems to give problems with this method

Nah, i didnt flash my rom with tb, i flashed it with recovery. Then once everything was done, i would go back into recovery and flash the update.zip file

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Nah, i didnt flash my rom with tb, i flashed it with recovery. Then once everything was done, i would go back into recovery and flash the update.zip file
yes i see, but that seems to be the problem ''restoring apps, data with tb'' and from what i know it occurs that this sometimes gives errors, fc's and bootloops like in your case

Show your appreciation and hit the button if anyone or I helped you out in any way !!

Shinny123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
yes i see, but that seems to be the problem ''restoring apps, data with tb'' and from what i know it occurs that this sometimes gives errors, fc's and bootloops like in your case
So is there no way to go through with this? Maybe export my backups to another software or something? or am i supposed to start fresh?

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
So is there no way to go through with this? Maybe export my backups to another software or something? or am i supposed to start fresh?
you could try to export your backups (only data) to pc temporary and after having flashed the rom with full wipe, install the apps again and put the backups manually in corresponding directories and see how that is gonna work out. I gave up on TB because of this problem and usually i always start fresh with new flashed roms. I only put my personal files on pc and put it back manually after rom install.

The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shinny123
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
you could try to export your backups (only data) to pc temporary and after having flashed the rom with full wipe, install the apps again and put the backups manually in corresponding directories and see how that is gonna work out. I gave up on TB because of this problem and usually i always start fresh with new flashed roms. I only put my personal files on pc and put it back manually after rom install.
Thanks so much, I dont really need all my apps to be backed up, just important ones, has the manual method worked out for you?

MaHo_66
Old
Thanks Meter 404
Quote:
Thanks so much, I dont really need all my apps to be backed up, just important ones, has the manual method worked out for you?
yes, most of the times works fine but cant guarantee it will work with every app, i guess has something to do with permissions i.m.h.o

The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]