Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Google Maps, My Maps, YouTube, Androidify, Slides, Music Updated–Here’s What’s New

In the last few weeks, Google has been … more

SuperSU BETA: Root Android Lollipop on Stock Kernel

Up until now, if you wanted to get root on Android 5.0, you needed to flash a modified … more

Android App Review: Get Amaze with Material Design – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. Android 5.0 … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [Issue] Cyanogenmod 10.1.3 Stuck At Spinning Circle After Titaniumbackup Flash.

OP Shinny123

13th June 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have tried this numerous times still no result.
Cm 10.1.3 works perfectly fine. But once i flash it with my Titanium backup update.zip file. There will be errors, and after i reboot it, it iwll just get stuck at the spinning blue circle. I have tried everything, from apps+data to only app data. Nothing works.

I would have to factory reset and reflash it again.

I use clockworks mod recovery.
My phone is a odin rooted Galaxy S3 Lte (i9305)
13th June 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 584

950 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny123

I have tried this numerous times still no result.
Cm 10.1.3 works perfectly fine. But once i flash it with my Titanium backup update.zip file. There will be errors, and after i reboot it, it iwll just get stuck at the spinning blue circle. I have tried everything, from apps+data to only app data. Nothing works.

I would have to factory reset and reflash it again.

I use clockworks mod recovery.
My phone is a odin rooted Galaxy S3 Lte (i9305)

use recovery to flash roms not TB, its much more reliable.. i think the problem is because of apps and data you trying to restore with the update.zip. i know you use tb because you want to restore your apps+data easily while flashing new rom, but tb seems to give problems with this method
13th June 2014, 01:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

use recovery to flash roms not TB, its much more reliable.. i think the problem is because of apps and data you trying to restore with the update.zip. i know you use tb because you want to restore your apps+data easily while flashing new rom, but tb seems to give problems with this method

Nah, i didnt flash my rom with tb, i flashed it with recovery. Then once everything was done, i would go back into recovery and flash the update.zip file
13th June 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #4  
Flag Utrecht

950 posts
More
Quote:

Nah, i didnt flash my rom with tb, i flashed it with recovery. Then once everything was done, i would go back into recovery and flash the update.zip file

yes i see, but that seems to be the problem ''restoring apps, data with tb'' and from what i know it occurs that this sometimes gives errors, fc's and bootloops like in your case
13th June 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

yes i see, but that seems to be the problem ''restoring apps, data with tb'' and from what i know it occurs that this sometimes gives errors, fc's and bootloops like in your case

So is there no way to go through with this? Maybe export my backups to another software or something? or am i supposed to start fresh?
13th June 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #6  
Flag Utrecht

950 posts
More
Quote:

So is there no way to go through with this? Maybe export my backups to another software or something? or am i supposed to start fresh?

you could try to export your backups (only data) to pc temporary and after having flashed the rom with full wipe, install the apps again and put the backups manually in corresponding directories and see how that is gonna work out. I gave up on TB because of this problem and usually i always start fresh with new flashed roms. I only put my personal files on pc and put it back manually after rom install.
The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Quote:

you could try to export your backups (only data) to pc temporary and after having flashed the rom with full wipe, install the apps again and put the backups manually in corresponding directories and see how that is gonna work out. I gave up on TB because of this problem and usually i always start fresh with new flashed roms. I only put my personal files on pc and put it back manually after rom install.

Thanks so much, I dont really need all my apps to be backed up, just important ones, has the manual method worked out for you?
13th June 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Utrecht

950 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks so much, I dont really need all my apps to be backed up, just important ones, has the manual method worked out for you?

yes, most of the times works fine but cant guarantee it will work with every app, i guess has something to do with permissions i.m.h.o

The Following User Says Thank You to MaHo_66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread