FORUMS

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Swappa’s New App Helps You Value Your Device

There comes a sad time in everyone’s life where you must part ways with your … more

Xiaomi Sold 34.7 Million Phones In 6 Months

2015 has been a phenomenal year for Xiaomi so far. With a stellar rise in 2014, 2015 saw … more

Kernel sound boost

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By scorpiolm, Junior Member on 7th July 2014, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi guys. iīm trying to put my i9305 LTE the best mp3 player that i can get. i read that are some kernels (siyha) that has audio adjustments that "boosts" the sound, but o confess im really noob with flashing kernels and im afraid something goes wrong..

currently, i run CM11 nightly, but i can also run the CM10.1.3, i don't care about the android version on the phone...and i only "know" cyanogen mods.

so, i ask, is there any rom that as built in some kernel like siyha (i read that boeffla does the "same") that i can just flash the rom and complete my golds for sound?

i searched and searched but really i do know any other romīs by using them...maybe someone with more experience can help me..

thnks
 
 
8th July 2014, 05:12 AM |#2  
MaHo_66's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 1,200
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiolm

hi guys. iīm trying to put my i9305 LTE the best mp3 player that i can get. i read that are some kernels (siyha) that has audio adjustments that "boosts" the sound, but o confess im really noob with flashing kernels and im afraid something goes wrong..

currently, i run CM11 nightly, but i can also run the CM10.1.3, i don't care about the android version on the phone...and i only "know" cyanogen mods.

so, i ask, is there any rom that as built in some kernel like siyha (i read that boeffla does the "same") that i can just flash the rom and complete my golds for sound?

i searched and searched but really i do know any other romīs by using them...maybe someone with more experience can help me..

thnks

there are several cm based/aosp roms like Liquidsmooth/SOKP/C-rom etc. OR sammy based rom like Amcha rom/rXTREME rom/The Galaxy Project etc.

the aosp based roms have a kernel tweaker app build inside. first flash the rom you want and set your settings and then flash a custom kernel like agni kernel with wolfson sound engine OR boeflla kernel with boeffla sound engine then with the apps they come with you can adjust audio settings

in the installation of sammy based roms with aroma installer, you can choose while installing the rom what kernel you want, again select boeffla or agni and adjust your audio settings with the apps after installation
8th July 2014, 10:42 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thank you so much for your help. I tryed amcha but I didn't like. Now I installed c-rom but it seems it has none of that kernels with sound options..and now is the question..how can I find and flash one of that kernels for this ROM and this device? Boeffla..agni..
8th July 2014, 02:22 PM |#4  
aaz03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
A CM11 rom would do the job and take a kernel with boeffla engine ( AGNi kernel or Boeffla kernel ) and install viper4android (google is your friend) , v4a makes sound INCREDIBLE , i'm running with it and i never enjoyed music like that
As MP3 player , take PlayerPro or DFX Player , the first one is more basic but excellent and the second has many sound optimisations like 3D sound and many many Equalizer presets
The Following User Says Thank You to aaz03 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2014, 07:32 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaz03

A CM11 rom would do the job and take a kernel with boeffla engine ( AGNi kernel or Boeffla kernel ) and install viper4android (google is your friend) , v4a makes sound INCREDIBLE , i'm running with it and i never enjoyed music like that
As MP3 player , take PlayerPro or DFX Player , the first one is more basic but excellent and the second has many sound optimisations like 3D sound and many many Equalizer presets


thnks for all your helps after trying and trying, i managed to flash c-rom, and the agni kernel, i did not test exaustly but i think its this im looking for...a rom seemed like cyanogenmod and a sound tweak option...the only "problem" for now is i cannot update to the last version of c-rom, i will try to read all the posts on the right section to figure out whats happening...
9th July 2014, 12:46 PM |#6  
aaz03's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 143
 
More
A CM sound-like engine? Go and get VIPER4Android , i use it and it's way better than any sound tweak
The latest C-Rom is the 7.1 so I don't think you can do updates if you're on the latest version
9th July 2014, 01:08 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaz03

A CM sound-like engine? Go and get VIPER4Android , i use it and it's way better than any sound tweak
The latest C-Rom is the 7.1 so I don't think you can do updates if you're on the latest version

Right now im using c-rom with agni kernel and v4android and i do need more. It suits my needs of listen music in the train and street with no need of carrying the big ipad for best audio
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes