No registration required

Language file on sd card

OP Matt1245

18th May 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi all.

The sd card on my s3 lte failed. I managed to copy most of the contents onto my pc but lost all my photos and vids. When I copied the folders onto my new card I found it was 10gb full (16gb card). The main culprit is a file called languages which is 7.58gb.

What is this file?

I thought if it was languages for the phone then it would be on the phone, not the sd card.

Can I just delete it?

My phone seems to work fine without the sd card in...apart from the apps on the card.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app
19th May 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #2  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 585

953 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1245

Hi all.

The sd card on my s3 lte failed. I managed to copy most of the contents onto my pc but lost all my photos and vids. When I copied the folders onto my new card I found it was 10gb full (16gb card). The main culprit is a file called languages which is 7.58gb.

What is this file?

I thought if it was languages for the phone then it would be on the phone, not the sd card.

Can I just delete it?

My phone seems to work fine without the sd card in...apart from the apps on the card.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my GT-I9305 using XDA Free mobile app

by ''new card'' do you mean its never been used untill now? or already used with current device or some other device?

im not sure but, if you had used this ''new card'' already, it could be that these languages belong to an app you used or are still using, for example like maybe a keyboard app (storing languages/predictions/data history) or navigation app. anyway if you say that the phone seems to work fine without it and your apps also then there should be no issues deleting this languages file. probably left on the card from an app that you dont use anymore..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread