Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Google Adds New Features to Drive, Sheets, Slides and Docs

In the last few months, Google has been working very hard to adapt all its apps to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] NOOB help with custom ROM & Unlocking

OP pcwiztech

16th June 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
More
Use this to downgrade 4.3 to 4.1.1 - flash using custom recovery

http://mediafire.com/download/9y2xo8..._for_fzeta.zip

Then use these instruction to unlock your phone.

Put a different SIM to your own into the handset and then turn off the handset and switch it back on with that SIM inside.
Go to the dial pad on your phone and then type in *#197328640#.
Head over to the Main Menu of the device > [1] UMTS > [1] Debug Screen > [8] Phone Control > [6] Network Lock > Options [3]Perso SHA256 OFF > and wait for around 30 seconds.
You should then head to Menu and choose Back, where you will come across the Network Lock. Choose [4] NW Lock NV Data INITIALLIZ.
Enter *#197328640#.

That's it your phone is now unlocked. You can now use any sim card.
You can update, Root, flash custom rom and everything you want. It will stay unlocked
Last edited by pcwiztech; 16th June 2014 at 07:14 PM.
16th June 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 43

202 posts
More
so just to be sure this firmware is for Samsung Galaxy I9305? (S3 with LTE and 2GB RAM)...
16th June 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #13  
OP Member

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman07

so just to be sure this firmware is for Samsung Galaxy I9305? (S3 with LTE and 2GB RAM)...

Yes I have I9305 and this worked !
3rd December 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Unhappy
I got really excited when I saw this, coming from a new thread I made after discovering the inability to downgrade to 4.1.1 after Knox is installed.

However, I ran into a snag (I'm trying to downgrade from 4.4.4, i9305 with CWM 6.0.4.7):

format() expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /data/media/0/stock411.zip
(I renamed it and copied it again to internal phone storage in case it was a bad transfer to ext SD card previously)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Did your 4.3 phone definitely have Knox installed before?

Is this issue occurring because I'm coming from 4.4.4?

Thanks for your input.
3rd December 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #15  
OP Member

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapfish

I got really excited when I saw this, coming from a new thread I made after discovering the inability to downgrade to 4.1.1 after Knox is installed.

However, I ran into a snag (I'm trying to downgrade from 4.4.4, i9305 with CWM 6.0.4.7):

format() expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /data/media/0/stock411.zip
(I renamed it and copied it again to internal phone storage in case it was a bad transfer to ext SD card previously)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

Did your 4.3 phone definitely have Knox installed before?

Is this issue occurring because I'm coming from 4.4.4?

Thanks for your input.

Hi, does the ZIP file open on your PC? If not then re-download
3rd December 2014, 12:22 AM   |  #16  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwiztech

Hi, does the ZIP file open on your PC? If not then re-download

Yep it's fine, also downloaded again for good measure... still no joy I'm afraid
3rd December 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #17  
OP Member

34 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clapfish

Yep it's fine, also downloaded again for good measure... still no joy I'm afraid

Have you tried using TWRP recovery instead?
3rd December 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #18  

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwiztech

Have you tried using TWRP recovery instead?

No, that may well have been my next move, but oddly enough I managed to seemingly very flukely flash a stock 4.1.1 ROM with Odin just now, download link here:

TBA (can't post links yet)

Wasn't expecting it to work at all and almost didn't try, given the previous 'Unsupported Version' messages when trying to downgrade to other stock ROMs with Odin, but there you are, this time it worked, somehow...

The rest of the trick with the dialler menu worked a treat and I now have a SIM unlocked (though faulty, GPS doesn't work) SGS3
6th December 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 4

79 posts
More
Hi,
I have a Samsung I9305 LTE, with official 4.3 rom. I don't care about warranty (as it's expired anyway), and the unlocking stuff (I can use whatever SIM card, so I guess it is an unlocked version?), all I want is to flash a custom rom. What do I need to do?
8th December 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #20  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
More
Hi,
I have some questions too. I am a new I9305 owner.

I have the 4.3 bootloader, I don't care about Knox as I have no warranty (phone was 2nd hand). I've already tripped Knox anyway after flashing Philz recovery and rooting with it.

I have two requirements really, which I think are more kernel-dependent than ROM-dependent.

1) White balance/colour calibration. I hate the blue-green tint to the whites.
2) Wolfson/Boeffla sound controls for the Wolfson DAC.

I don't really care if it's Android 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4, AOSP, CM or stock.

So far I still have the Samsung stock 4.3 ROM but I've flashed the AGNI v3.8.5 kernel which has given me some sound controls, but nothing useful regarding the display. Ideally, colour multipliers, black level, gamma etc.

The Perseus kernel+Stweaks looks like it might fit the bill, but I think it's 4.1.2 only and I'm not sure if it works with the 4.3 Knox bootloader? I'm happy to switch to a 4.1.2 ROM if I can, I just REALLY want to be able to fine-tune the screen!

Maybe there are other kernels that support this for 4.3 or 4.4? Or do any CM builds have the screen controls in the ROM itself?

Thanks!
Glenn

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread