FORUMS

How to Root the LG G4 and Install TWRP Recovery – XDA TV

A rooting method has finally been found for the flagship LG G4. In this … more

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

[Q] NOOB help with custom ROM & Unlocking

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By pcwiztech, Member on 13th June 2014, 09:35 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd December 2014, 01:15 PM |#21  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2

Hi,
I have some questions too. I am a new I9305 owner.

I have the 4.3 bootloader, I don't care about Knox as I have no warranty (phone was 2nd hand). I've already tripped Knox anyway after flashing Philz recovery and rooting with it.

I have two requirements really, which I think are more kernel-dependent than ROM-dependent.

1) White balance/colour calibration. I hate the blue-green tint to the whites.
2) Wolfson/Boeffla sound controls for the Wolfson DAC.

I don't really care if it's Android 4.1/4.2/4.3/4.4, AOSP, CM or stock.

So far I still have the Samsung stock 4.3 ROM but I've flashed the AGNI v3.8.5 kernel which has given me some sound controls, but nothing useful regarding the display. Ideally, colour multipliers, black level, gamma etc.

The Perseus kernel+Stweaks looks like it might fit the bill, but I think it's 4.1.2 only and I'm not sure if it works with the 4.3 Knox bootloader? I'm happy to switch to a 4.1.2 ROM if I can, I just REALLY want to be able to fine-tune the screen!

Maybe there are other kernels that support this for 4.3 or 4.4? Or do any CM builds have the screen controls in the ROM itself?

Thanks!
Glenn

I came back to answer my own question, having figured out an acceptable solution, in case one day it's useful to someone else.

I went with CM11 and AGNi CM kernel. It supports MDNIE hijack and although the AGNi kernel tweaks tool doesn't have any useful screen controls, I set the white point via an init.d script. The AGNi tool's MDNIE hijack setting must be left off, but the MDNIE hijack sharpness can be turned on and off as desired.

I think there is large batch variation with screens, as I see people reporting yellow tint, pink tint and green tint. My particular screen has a green tint, so I pulled the white_green down from 248 to 225, lifted the black from 0 to 10 (remove black crush) and lowered saturation from 24 to 15 which is probably still a bit oversaturated but not as cartoon-like as the defaults. The white_red and white_blue values are still the default values.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 1 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/hijack
echo 15 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/cs_weight
echo 10 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/black
echo 255 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_red
echo 225 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_green
echo 241 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_blue
Last edited by Glenn2; 23rd December 2014 at 01:23 PM.

3rd January 2015, 10:21 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn2

I came back to answer my own question, having figured out an acceptable solution, in case one day it's useful to someone else.

I went with CM11 and AGNi CM kernel. It supports MDNIE hijack and although the AGNi kernel tweaks tool doesn't have any useful screen controls, I set the white point via an init.d script. The AGNi tool's MDNIE hijack setting must be left off, but the MDNIE hijack sharpness can be turned on and off as desired.

I think there is large batch variation with screens, as I see people reporting yellow tint, pink tint and green tint. My particular screen has a green tint, so I pulled the white_green down from 248 to 225, lifted the black from 0 to 10 (remove black crush) and lowered saturation from 24 to 15 which is probably still a bit oversaturated but not as cartoon-like as the defaults. The white_red and white_blue values are still the default values.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo 1 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/hijack
echo 15 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/cs_weight
echo 10 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/black
echo 255 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_red
echo 225 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_green
echo 241 > /sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/white_blue

do you know Xposed Framework?
I think this is what you are searching for.with that framework preinstalled in many roms
you are able to change almost everything for your screen, exept colours,buttons,mods,ect. and also a lot of soundmods are available for download.
just google or have a look in xda for it you will see there are a lot of options for changing.
Sure you can also adjust it with kernel options but xposed is more easy to use with a high level of options and mods.
Greetz.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread