Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 48,144 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No notification or ringtone sounds

Tip us?

lime&soda
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default No notification or ringtone sounds

I'm running Android 4.3.1 with LiquidSmooth JB-v237-Official & Boeffla Kernel 3.0.101-CM.

I have a number of sound issues.

1. Despite having all my volumes turned on and up + vibration (as far as I can see), I don't get any notification or ringtone sound.

2. When I answer a call I can hold a conversation but the other person is very quiet.
Somebody advised me to tick the 'Extra gain' in voice calls option but I can see no text box like that anywhere in my system settings
I installed Boeffla because I was told that would fix my quiet call issues, but so far no joy.

3. When I did have notification sounds choosing a sound from the list was time-consuming because it wouldn't preview the sound for me. I had to choose a new one then send myself an email or text to hear what it was like. Any fix/correct way to do this?

I was hoping the a GTi9305 version of LiquidSmooth 3.0 would fix these issues, but so far I can't find LS3 for my phone model.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4,420
To help keep this forum section tidy and easy to use, here are some rules and guidelines.
Only the following topics are allowed in the DEVELOPMENT area:
[DEV] - Development for any projects or Apps.
[ROM] - Custom ROMs.
[KERNEL] - Custom Kernels.
[MOD] - Hack & Modifications for the phone. (See below for more details)
[FIX] - Fixes for known issues & bugs.
[R&D] - Research & Development for Devs only, when gathering data for a new projects.