Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,696 Members 37,528 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Official CM11 CPU Governors

Tip us?

foxtrot_lima
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Official CM11 CPU Governors

Hi,

Two questions;

* How come there's no interactive CPU Governor in CM11? The standard pegasusq causes audio crackling/stuttering when the screen is off. If I switch to ondemand the stuttering is gone but the power consumption is higher. On my HTC Ville running latest CM11 I have the option to change to interactive. Do I need to flash custom kernel for more governors?

* None of the standard CPU Governors in CM11 let's me set minimum/maximum CPU frequency, the buttons are greyed out. I can change frequencys on my Ville in the same options menu.

Im running 11-20140114-NIGHTLY-i9305

Regards

jamie05351
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxtrot_lima View Post
Hi,

Two questions;

* How come there's no interactive CPU Governor in CM11? The standard pegasusq causes audio crackling/stuttering when the screen is off. If I switch to ondemand the stuttering is gone but the power consumption is higher. On my HTC Ville running latest CM11 I have the option to change to interactive. Do I need to flash custom kernel for more governors?

* None of the standard CPU Governors in CM11 let's me set minimum/maximum CPU frequency, the buttons are greyed out. I can change frequencys on my Ville in the same options menu.

Im running 11-20140114-NIGHTLY-i9305

Regards

Get the Boeffla kernel and you can adjust everything you have mentioned and more -

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2457052