XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Please Help - GT i9305 LTE

Tip us?

phikal2013
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Please Help - GT i9305 LTE

Firstly, i'm really sorry for being such an ignoramus on the subject of this phone. I am actually an experienced IT 'professional' but for the life of me i can't find what looks like a reliable method for updating the firmware on my GT i9305 LTE handset... I bow to your knowledge of all things Android...

I am running version 4.1.1 and would very much like to upgrade to the latest 'stable' version of android. I am based in the UK and am on the EE network using a 4G contract.

Kernel Version 3.0.31
Build number JRO03C.I9305XXALI5

So far I have tried:
1) Going into the phone's Settings>About Device
- result - no "update" software option is shown

2). Downloading and installing Kies 3 and updating the firmware with the built in facility
-result - awful! the updater gets to 15% downloaded and then disappears. Though processes are still running...

3) Downloading Samsung GS3 Toolkit
- result - i have been too scared to go any further as i can't seem to find what looks like a good and reliable ROM for this phone (GT i9305 LTE) on EE...

Question - does it even matter which network i'm on as far as the ROM is concerned? What about the country as long as it's English?

If anyone can help me with this i would be most most grateful!

Charles

Raistlin1158
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Use this, pre rooted E E rom.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1942150
xxxxxxxxxxx

Nex, Est Tantum Exordium... מוות רק ההתחלה... Смерть - только начало... 死だけを始めています。...