[Q] (Q) Little Red Exclaimation dot

Tip us?

waveweaver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] (Q) Little Red Exclaimation dot

Hi there..
Sorry if this question have been asked before but it seems i can't find the actual step on how to eliminate these little red dot on my phone GT-I9305. I bought the phone while it's on 4.1.1 under XXALI5 build number.
I root it via ExynosAbuse 1.40 then i TriangleAway it to reset binary counter. Unfortunately now i have that little red dot.
May i know the right way to eliminate this.?

Thank you and sorry for my poor English.

Glebun
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1093
Default Re: [Q] (Q) Little Red Exclaimation dot

you have to be completely stock and not rooted after applying TA.
why is it a problem anyway?
The Following User Says Thank You to Glebun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waveweaver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glebun View Post
you have to be completely stock and not rooted after applying TA.
why is it a problem anyway?
Not a big problem actually. I just looking IF there is a way where i can eliminate those red dot and still have a rooted phone.
While i was on GT-I9300..this can be done by flashing old bootloader.
I don't know that it's different with GT-I9305 where i must be completely on stock and not rooted in order to eliminate those red dot.
Anyway..thanks for clarify the situation to me.

Rhadamanthus
Old
Thanks Meter 35
The kernel and recovery both need to be stock; I would suggest flashing, for instance, one of the packages in the pre-rooted stock ROMs thread since you want to stay rooted, and then seeing if TriangleAway works. If you have already installed CWM or some other custom recovery, the pinned toolkit thread in the development section includes the stock recovery. As far as I know, you can't use a custom recovery and keep the flash counter at 0.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rhadamanthus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

waveweaver
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhadamanthus View Post
The kernel and recovery both need to be stock; I would suggest flashing, for instance, one of the packages in the pre-rooted stock ROMs thread since you want to stay rooted, and then seeing if TriangleAway works. If you have already installed CWM or some other custom recovery, the pinned toolkit thread in the development section includes the stock recovery. As far as I know, you can't use a custom recovery and keep the flash counter at 0.
I don't mind the binary counter not zero or the phone status is modified. I just want a rooted phone without that red dot.
Thank for the link there. Looks like i need to flash full stock firmware first then root it with one of those pre-rooted stock roms.

Glebun
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 1093
so why do you want it? trying to understand you
The Following User Says Thank You to Glebun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gutoneto
Old
Thanks Meter 1
good to know...

kanzi83
Old
(Last edited by kanzi83; 16th February 2013 at 06:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by waveweaver View Post
Hi there..
Sorry if this question have been asked before but it seems i can't find the actual step on how to eliminate these little red dot on my phone GT-I9305. I bought the phone while it's on 4.1.1 under XXALI5 build number.
I root it via ExynosAbuse 1.40 then i TriangleAway it to reset binary counter. Unfortunately now i have that little red dot.
May i know the right way to eliminate this.?

Thank you and sorry for my poor English.
Hi,
Root via ExynosAbuse not increment the flash counter. (you re not full root (if it install supersu, not install busybox..) and you can unroot in the app settings.) Just the phone status is modified. So you don't need Triangle Away

I had root my GT-I9305 when have 4.1.1 ROMs with ExynosAbuse. Then I flashed a 4.1.2 ROMs stock, and now, all my status are OK.

I'm not sure it's a good thing to triangle away a phone root by ExynosAbuse app...( I never saw this red dot on my screen )
Anyway, if this red dot is always here after a flash, you'll probably need to triangle away.

PDA: I9305XXBLL5
MODEM: I9305XXBLL5
CSC: I9305DBTBLL4