[Q&A] [RECOVERY][i9300] TWRP 2.8.0.1 touch recovery [2014-09-12]

Search This thread

cpct

Jul 13, 2015
I am running unofficial cm 12.1 from this thread, together with TWRP 2.8.6.1.

Yesterday I did a factory reset inside cm. Upon reboot, I have a bootloop on twrp. The twrp splash screen pops up, stays on for 2-3 seconds, and the device reboots. This goes on and on.

Unfortunately my device charges fine on usb, but is not reconized on PC. For reference, here is what I see in dmesg output:
Code:
[20871.522790] usb 2-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 93 using ehci-pci
[20871.930703] usb 2-1.1: device not accepting address 93, error -32
[20872.002752] usb 2-1.1: new full-speed USB device number 94 using ehci-pci
[20872.410811] usb 2-1.1: device not accepting address 94, error -32
[20872.410979] usb 2-1-port1: unable to enumerate USB device
So I have not been able to reflash recovery with heimdall.

Does anyone have a suggestion on breaking this bootloop? Is there any way of loading an update or recovery on external sdcard?

Pedro

Does the above happen when you put it in download mode? My first throught was that the "unable to enumerate" could be because of the rebooting.

pbgapski

Jun 30, 2014
Google Nexus 4
Xiaomi Poco F1
Does the above happen when you put it in download mode? My first throught was that the "unable to enumerate" could be because of the rebooting.

In fact I have not been able to use adb via usb cable for more than a year. I was living with that until now, when this problem has come to bite me hard :(

I have tried to connect the cable both in twrp (for the few seconds it is running) and in download mode (which is stable). I tried to change usb cables, used 3 different computers and 2 opsystems. I have also cleaned the uUSB connector. So far nothing has helped.

Suggestions on how to break this bootloop are welcome.

Pedro

cpct

Jul 13, 2015
In fact I have not been able to use adb via usb cable for more than a year. I was living with that until now, when this problem has come to bite me hard :(

I have tried to connect the cable both in twrp (for the few seconds it is running) and in download mode (which is stable). I tried to change usb cables, used 3 different computers and 2 opsystems. I have also cleaned the uUSB connector. So far nothing has helped.

Pedro

I think there are only limited possibilities :(

*Either your micro USB port itself is broken. This could be repaired by the typical phone fix shops.
If the USB controller itself is fried, even JTAG recovery is out of question. In such case I don't see how it could be fixed without expensive repair of motherboard or soldering...
*You contact TWRP developers directly to ask if there is a some failsafe mode (maybe a button combination?). Seems unlikely that this would not be documented yet, but maybe they have creative solution.

Reactions: pbgapski
So I have a problem. TWRP 2.8.6.0 can't mount to storage. Upon further inspection I realized that it can't find "dev/block/mmcblk0p15". But it doesn't stop there. The TWRP Manager app says that my CURRENT Recovery is CWM. Yet when I reboot to recovery mode, TWRP shows up with the "dev/block/mmcblk0p15 not found" error. I tried installing the same version yet once more and it says the partition is "dev/block/mmcblk0p18" and not 15. Any way to change it or help it finally mount to storage?

Attachments

• 1449641551894.jpg
    1449641551894.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 100

SdtBarbarossa

Dec 15, 2014
So I have a problem. TWRP 2.8.6.0 can't mount to storage. Upon further inspection I realized that it can't find "dev/block/mmcblk0p15". But it doesn't stop there. The TWRP Manager app says that my CURRENT Recovery is CWM. Yet when I reboot to recovery mode, TWRP shows up with the "dev/block/mmcblk0p15 not found" error. I tried installing the same version yet once more and it says the partition is "dev/block/mmcblk0p18" and not 15. Any way to change it or help it finally mount to storage?

try latest twrp v2.8.7.3

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Pedro

I think there are only limited possibilities :(

*Either your micro USB port itself is broken. This could be repaired by the typical phone fix shops.
    If the USB controller itself is fried, even JTAG recovery is out of question. In such case I don't see how it could be fixed without expensive repair of motherboard or soldering...
    *You contact TWRP developers directly to ask if there is a some failsafe mode (maybe a button combination?). Seems unlikely that this would not be documented yet, but maybe they have creative solution.