Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 44,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Is this thread helpful to you ????
Yes 6 66.67%
No 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Good News Downgrade is Possible from Android 4.3 to 4.1.2 with knox bootloader

Tip us?

*SHB*
Old
(Last edited by *SHB*; 11th February 2014 at 12:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Talking Good News Downgrade is Possible from Android 4.3 to 4.1.2 with knox bootloader

Dear Friends

It is possible to downgrade from Android 4.3 to Android 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin 3.85.apk

Don't use windows Odin program for downgrade

Just download Mobile Odin 3.85.apk from Internet ( registered apk version from torrent )

and download android Jelly bean 4.1.2 from www.sammobile.com

and copy your stock rom md5 file in your Internal Memory and SD Card

and Flash through Mobile Odin 3.85.

I have done it successfully

its not removed knox bootloader but we can downgrade to Android 4.1.2 and its working smoothly.

No problem at all.

Try it on your own risk !!! I got success coz I Love risks. :P
The Following User Says Thank You to *SHB* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sham79
Old
Thanks Meter 10
And if you go into download mode do you still see the Knox flag?

*SHB*
Old
(Last edited by *SHB*; 11th February 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sham79 View Post
And if you go into download mode do you still see the Knox flag?
Yes knox flag is there and I already have knox 0x1 warranty void

but i have rooted my SGS3 successfully and super su installed on my Android 4.1.2 which not possible on Android 4.3 coz of knox interference so I think knox side effect will end by flash via mobile odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to *SHB* For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lerpzu
Old
Thanks Meter 1
You made my day! Thanks, but people allready knew that it was possible to downgrade to 4.1.2.
They are looking for a solution to downgrade the bootloader, not the firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lerpzu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kamikaze702k
Old
Thanks Meter 222
knox is a pain in the backside!!

i had many S3 devices, luckily all are still on the old bootloader!! bought an S4 mini few months ago, luckily that was on the old bootloader also, so no knox for any of them, few weeks ago i decided to get the S4, came with knox! sold it, found an old firmware S4, was on 4.2.2 but somehow had the knox bootloader, sold it, bought 4 S4 devices in the space of 2 weeks, all with knox bootloader, ive now given up on S4 and Samsung all together!! ive since then gona back to my old rooted knox free S3 and S4 mini,

no longer will i be buying any more Samsung devices in the future, they can stick it with knox!!

if your reading this thread its probably too late to downgrade your bootloader but i highly advise DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE!!!

if your rooted keep your old stock firmware thats knox free and keep using custom roms instead!!

shayind4
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by *SHB* View Post
Dear Friends

It is possible to downgrade from Android 4.3 to Android 4.1.2 via Mobile Odin 3.85.apk

Don't use windows Odin program for downgrade

Just download Mobile Odin 3.85.apk from Internet ( registered apk version from torrent )

and download android Jelly bean 4.1.2 from www.sammobile.com

and copy your stock rom md5 file in your Internal Memory and SD Card

and Flash through Mobile Odin 3.85.

I have done it successfully

its not removed knox bootloader but we can downgrade to Android 4.1.2 and its working smoothly.

No problem at all.

Try it on your own risk !!! I got success coz I Love risks. :P

I have S3 i9305 on 4.3 Knox flag 0x0. If i use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware, will it trigger Knox flag 0x1?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze702k View Post
knox is a pain in the backside!!

i had many S3 devices, luckily all are still on the old bootloader!! bought an S4 mini few months ago, luckily that was on the old bootloader also, so no knox for any of them, few weeks ago i decided to get the S4, came with knox! sold it, found an old firmware S4, was on 4.2.2 but somehow had the knox bootloader, sold it, bought 4 S4 devices in the space of 2 weeks, all with knox bootloader, ive now given up on S4 and Samsung all together!! ive since then gona back to my old rooted knox free S3 and S4 mini,

no longer will i be buying any more Samsung devices in the future, they can stick it with knox!!

if your reading this thread its probably too late to downgrade your bootloader but i highly advise DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR FIRMWARE!!!

if your rooted keep your old stock firmware thats knox free and keep using custom roms instead!!

You are right. Knox is a real pain!!! However, i did manage to root S4 i9505 4.3 and Note3 4.3 by doing a factory reset to clear any security updates, and avoided setting up wifi (which will automatically download new security updates)/avoided auto security updates downloads in settings, and use Kingo for rooting.

Like you said, it's not advisable to upgrade at this time.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote:

but i have rooted my SGS3 successfully and super su installed on my Android 4.1.2 which not possible on Android 4.3 coz of knox interference so I think knox side effect will end by flash via mobile odin.

I believe root is required for Mobile odin pro. Were you rooted then before downgrading with mobile odin? I have been unable to root my SGS3 4.3 MKC without triggering knox flag. It seems that i cannot use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware and then root afterward.

shucrut
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by shayind4 View Post
I have S3 i9305 on 4.3 Knox flag 0x0. If i use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware, will it trigger Knox flag 0x1?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

You are right. Knox is a real pain!!! However, i did manage to root S4 i9505 4.3 and Note3 4.3 by doing a factory reset to clear any security updates, and avoided setting up wifi (which will automatically download new security updates)/avoided auto security updates downloads in settings, and use Kingo for rooting.

Like you said, it's not advisable to upgrade at this time.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

I believe root is required for Mobile odin pro. Were you rooted then before downgrading with mobile odin? I have been unable to root my SGS3 4.3 MKC without triggering knox flag. It seems that i cannot use mobile odin to downgrade the firmware and then root afterward.
At least for me, was not possible to root 4.3 without triggering knox ans to use mobile odin you need root access, so.. If you succeed rooting without triggering knox, you will have flag 0x0 at the end with mobile odin.
Samsung Galaxy Ace - CyanogenMod 10.1.3 by androidARMv6
LG Optimus L9 P768 - LG stock 4.1.2, rooted, LOCKED bootloader
Samsung Galaxy SIII i9305T - Stock 4.3 Rooted, Wanam Xposed

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 308
Quote:

What are you saying here? Mobile odin normally works only when you are already rooted ???
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

mervingeo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Red face remove or reset knox counter

Quote:

so is it possible to reset knox counter or remove it?

*SHB*
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervingeo View Post
so is it possible to reset knox counter or remove it?
No Knox isn't remove