5,604,631 Members 39,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROM Galaxy Project and Knox

Tip us?

hayabusa08
Old
Thanks Meter 70

DONATE TO ME
1. In order for knox to be tripped you need to have a knox bootloader which is available in 4.3 OTA update or a full firmware download from sammobile.

2. If you are on 4.1.2 now and flashing a custom rom via CWM or TWRP, it does not install bootloaders. So you remain on 4.1.2 bootloader which is knox FREE. Only your rom, modem and kernel is updated to 4.3 or to what the rom developer has preinstalled.

3. By installing "Samsung Removed Apps" doesnt trip the knox counter if u are coming from my point num 2. It basically just install the apps not the bootloader. So knox will not be tripped even if knox apps are installed. Its just a normal app which u can remove later on with no issues.

4. Lastly i have a note 3 as well which i couldnt care less about knox and tripped it the day i bought it. My previous note 2 was never faulty for the whole time i was using it which was more than a year. Get over knox and trip it. Doesnt make a difference. Makes your life easier by not being afraid actually.

Cheers and flash away.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hayabusa08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Olivier_V
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thank you.
Very clear now.