Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,200 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Solved] Help requested! System partion corrupted

Tip us?

megahypercat
Old
(Last edited by megahypercat; 22nd May 2014 at 08:44 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up [Solved] Help requested! System partion corrupted

Hey. I have a problem with my i9305. It was running low on battery and was in my pocket. It ran out while in my pocket, and I swapped to a fresh battery. But when I started it, it requested my pin and i put it in... but then up came an error in GERMAN!

It said: "der gerätespeicher ist beschädigt. die datennpartition ist beschädigt. sie mussen ihr gerät auf die werkseinstellungen zurucksetzen. dabei werden alle daten gelöscht."

Roughly translated it means: "the device memory is corrupt. the data partition is corrupted. they need their device to factory settings RECALL Recall. while all data will be deleted. "

It had a button that said basically said "restore unit" and when I press that I boot into recovery. In recovery I can't mount the system or data partions wipe, restore, or flash anything. What could I do!??!

I was using allianceROM and TWRP.

I followed deadric's advice and re-flashed the phone to stock with odin. I used a 4.1 rom fitting for my phone. At fist this stuck me in a bootloop because flashin in odin didn't clear /data. That could be done through samsungs recovery, thankfully. It is now up and running again!

daedric
Old
Thanks Meter 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by megahypercat View Post
Hey. I have a problem with my i9305. It was running low on battery and was in my pocket. It ran out while in my pocket, and I swapped to a fresh battery. But when I started it, it requested my pin and i put it in... but then up came an error in GERMAN!

It said: "der gerätespeicher ist beschädigt. die datennpartition ist beschädigt. sie mussen ihr gerät auf die werkseinstellungen zurucksetzen. dabei werden alle daten gelöscht."

Roughly translated it means: "the device memory is corrupt. the data partition is corrupted. they need their device to factory settings RECALL Recall. while all data will be deleted. "

It had a button that said basically said "restore unit" and when I press that I boot into recovery. In recovery I can't mount the system or data partions wipe, restore, or flash anything. What could I do!??!

I was using allianceROM and TWRP.
First, i DO hope that you have a EFS backup.

Second, you're running TWRP, it's not that stable on our devices, change to Philz or original CWR.

Third, if /system cannot be mounted... your only choice is Odin. Flash a stock rom via odin, carefull with Knox.

HTC Kaiser . CM6 ......... OC@530mHz - Kitchen Watch with NTP .
HTC Leo .... CMX OC@1.19gHz, Jellybean
HTC Ace .... CMX OC@1.5gHz, ICS + Sense 4.0
The Following User Says Thank You to daedric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megahypercat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric View Post

Second, you're running TWRP, it's not that stable on our devices, change to Philz or original CWR.

Third, if /system cannot be mounted... your only choice is Odin. Flash a stock rom via odin, carefull with Knox.
What is KNOX? And what do I need efs for? It would probably be annoying to explain so if you know someplace I can read about it i'd be very happy. I knew EFS was important but if I'm unlucky my only backup was on the phone. Alright, I'll try it as soon as I figure out what KNOX is.

Thanks a lot!!!

megahypercat
Old
(Last edited by megahypercat; 21st May 2014 at 07:16 PM.) Reason: Adding info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Oh I think I found my EFS backup. efs.tar.gz , 8KB. Seems small but since I don't know what it is... After some research I understand that it is some radio firmware.

Also, is KNOX that flash counter that voids warranty? That doesn't matter to me.

daedric
Old
Thanks Meter 344
KNOX is a kind of bootloader. Once it's in our i9305, you're not getting it out. It has a fuse... once you trip it, it's gone. And with it the warranty. So if you have never flashed a official TouchWiz 4.3, stay away from them.

EFS is the partition that stores a few VERY important firmwares, namely the one that has your IMEI. Without it, the phone part of the device is gone. 8kb seems right.

Try to download a custom 4.3 without knox, and flash it via Odin.

The Following User Says Thank You to daedric For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

megahypercat
Old
(Last edited by megahypercat; 21st May 2014 at 09:19 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
KNOX is a kind of bootloader. Once it's in our i9305, you're not getting it out. It has a fuse... once you trip it, it's gone. And with it the warranty. So if you have never flashed a official TouchWiz 4.3, stay away from them.

EFS is the partition that stores a few VERY important firmwares, namely the one that has your IMEI. Without it, the phone part of the device is gone. 8kb seems right.

Try to download a custom 4.3 without knox, and flash it via Odin.
Thank you!!!

Would a stock based rom be alright, like Aliancerom for example? Or would 4.1 stock sammy be alright? I'm downloading one now, but samsung-updates is very very slow.

Update: I flashed the correct stock 4.1 rom to the phone but now I have a nice bootloop instead.

update 2: Tried wiping data in the stock recovery, it boots now! Thanks a lot for the help.

daedric
Old
Thanks Meter 344
You're welcome. Edit original post, (as in, add to it, don't remove anything), explain what you did, edit the title and add [SOLVED] in the beggining.