Unofficial CM12 for Android One, Disabling Encryption on Nexus 6 – XDA TV

Android One devices have received an Unofficial CyanogenMod … more

Pushbullet Universal Copy/Paste Availabe for Linux, Mac OS X

Pushbullet is one of those useful utilities that once installed, permanently … more

Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] S3 wont boot - any last hope?

OP nachu3

22nd May 2014, 03:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hey y'all,
So I woke up this morning to find my quite new (~11 months) i9305 to be bootlooping.
Getting into download mode works, recovery however does not, since it loops the very first Samsung screen.
Flashing a new rom using Odin (3.04 / 07 / 09) gives me this:
Quote:

<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.

Even re-partitioning fails:
Quote:

<ID:0/004> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/004> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL!
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Re-Partition operation failed.

To sum it up, it won't flash anything to my mobile, my mobile doesnt output anything in download mode and nothing else works.
Is there anything I forgot trying or is this phone a case for the trash can now?
I'm guessing the nand or worse might be dead.
23rd May 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 584

951 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachu3

Hey y'all,
So I woke up this morning to find my quite new (~11 months) i9305 to be bootlooping.
Getting into download mode works, recovery however does not, since it loops the very first Samsung screen.
Flashing a new rom using Odin (3.04 / 07 / 09) gives me this:

Even re-partitioning fails:

To sum it up, it won't flash anything to my mobile, my mobile doesnt output anything in download mode and nothing else works.
Is there anything I forgot trying or is this phone a case for the trash can now?
I'm guessing the nand or worse might be dead.

update odin to v3.09 latest..

before flashing with odin, you need to make sure that the box re-partition is unchecked or else this will mess up your device. only factory reset time and auto reboot should be checked. also usb debugging should be enabled in developer options in your phone.

trying with other usb ports of your pc might also work.
23rd May 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 361

1,777 posts
More
What are you trying to flash ? Are you knoxed? Aren't you perhaps trying to flash the old bootloader ?
23rd May 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaHo_66

before flashing with odin, you need to make sure that the box re-partition is unchecked or else this will mess up your device. only factory reset time and auto reboot should be checked. also usb debugging should be enabled in developer options in your phone.

Doesn't work and I can't enable usb debugging or even do a factory reset due to my inability to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric

What are you trying to flash ? Are you knoxed? Aren't you perhaps trying to flash the old bootloader ?

I tried flashing multiple things so far, a 4.4 rom, and a 4.1 samsung stock rom with csc & modem.
It doesn't show any knox flag in download mode to me (just Custom Binary Download Count, Current Binary and System Status), so I guess I'm not knoxed?
23rd May 2014, 03:12 PM   |  #5  
Flag Porto

1,777 posts
More
Doubt, you tried to repartition, did you have PIT file ?
25th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedric

Doubt, you tried to repartition, did you have PIT file ?

Of course I had the PIT file, how should I've got that log otherwise if I didn't?
27th May 2014, 05:31 AM   |  #7  
Flag Porto Alegre,Rio Grande Do Sul,Brasil
Thanks Meter: 748

1,149 posts
More
Quote:

Of course I had the PIT file, how should I've got that log otherwise if I didn't?

pit are just for re-partitioning the device(they have partition layout in it), you can use odin without pit, i use on my i9300, that looks like a dead nand to me,but for last hope, try without re partitoning(not using pit or not ticking re partition)
27th May 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #8  
Flag Porto

1,777 posts
More
Quote:

Doesn't work and I can't enable usb debugging or even do a factory reset due to my inability to boot.

I tried flashing multiple things so far, a 4.4 rom, and a 4.1 samsung stock rom with csc & modem.
It doesn't show any knox flag in download mode to me (just Custom Binary Download Count, Current Binary and System Status), so I guess I'm not knoxed?

Your problem might be elsewhere... You're probably Knoxed. Have you EVER flashed a stock 4.3 ? If so, you flashed the new bootloader (knox included) and you cannot flash roms which include the OLD bootloader.

Go to sammobile, download a 4.3 and retry. Not a 4.1, not a 4.4. A 4.3.
Last edited by daedric; 27th May 2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: d3rp
27th May 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #9  
Flag Colombo
Thanks Meter: 91

465 posts
Donate to Me
For this type of prob.. first use newest phils recovery.. on that format Every nand partitions.. I mean every.. then just flash latest odin firmware.. dont use pit option.. you may get hard brick... try this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread