Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: How is your battery drain with ALL options (WIFI, GPS, Data) turned ON/OFF ?
~1% /h with all ON / ~1% /h with all OFF 0 0%
~2% /h with all ON / ~1% /h with all OFF 0 0%
~1% /h with all ON / ~1% /3hrs with all OFF 0 0%
Less than 1% with all ON / ~1% /3+hrs with all OFF 1 100.00%
Other (comment) 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[Q] For all Sammy's 4.3 users

OP shucrut

18th February 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
shucrut's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Hello all,


I have a question for all users of samsung's 4.3 ROM, it doesn't matter if you have the old or the new bootloader (but please tell me what bootloader you have). I want to know how is your battery drain per hour when the phone is iddle. Cause i don't know anyone who have the galaxy s3 or s3 LTE to tell me the experience.

So, here is my iddle battery usage:

It doesn't matter if WIFI/Data is on or off, i have ~ 1% per hour of drain. If i deactivate ALL the options (wifi, data, gps), it remains about the same. I thinks it is a little weird, cause in 4.1.2 i had ~ 1% per 2 hours, when i switched wifi and data, i had 1% per hour.

The point of this thread is to anyone have a estimate of how is your battery, i don't think my situation is normal but maybe it is a system thing and i want your experiences to know that.
19th February 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #2  
fotbal5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Timisoara
Thanks Meter: 49
 
213 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut

Hello all,


I have a question for all users of samsung's 4.3 ROM, it doesn't matter if you have the old or the new bootloader (but please tell me what bootloader you have). I want to know how is your battery drain per hour when the phone is iddle. Cause i don't know anyone who have the galaxy s3 or s3 LTE to tell me the experience.

So, here is my iddle battery usage:

It doesn't matter if WIFI/Data is on or off, i have ~ 1% per hour of drain. If i deactivate ALL the options (wifi, data, gps), it remains about the same. I thinks it is a little weird, cause in 4.1.2 i had ~ 1% per 2 hours, when i switched wifi and data, i had 1% per hour.

The point of this thread is to anyone have a estimate of how is your battery, i don't think my situation is normal but maybe it is a system thing and i want your experiences to know that.

I got no battery problem on Alliance rom (look at my signature for specs).
19th February 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #3  
Andr3y29's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 151
 
401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Use this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495276 . Thanks to @Chaitanyapatel8880 , I get 1% dropped in 8hours. Thats's 0.125/h. And 5h of screen ON time, just by following a part of the tutorial. No matter what ROM (AOSP/Sammy based). Just give it a try then come back and report
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andr3y29 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 12:45 AM   |  #4  
shucrut's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29

Use this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495276 . Thanks to @Chaitanyapatel8880 , I get 1% dropped in 8hours. Thats's 0.125/h. And 5h of screen ON time, just by following a part of the tutorial. No matter what ROM (AOSP/Sammy based). Just give it a try then come back and report

At least for me, i haven't notice any changes yet. Since we don't have the kernel the OP suggests, im using agni to undervolt, etc. will report tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to shucrut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 07:53 AM   |  #5  
Andr3y29's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Buzau
Thanks Meter: 151
 
401 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
OK. For me it worked with any kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Andr3y29 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th February 2014, 08:15 AM   |  #6  
Chaitanyapatel8880's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Locating.........
Thanks Meter: 351
 
648 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut

At least for me, i haven't notice any changes yet. Since we don't have the kernel the OP suggests, im using agni to undervolt, etc. will report tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29

OK. For me it worked with any kernel.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you and It will work with any kernel.
21st February 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andr3y29

Use this tutorial: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2495276 . Thanks to @Chaitanyapatel8880 , I get 1% dropped in 8hours. Thats's 0.125/h. And 5h of screen ON time, just by following a part of the tutorial. No matter what ROM (AOSP/Sammy based). Just give it a try then come back and report

Thanks for this!

Also, if you don't have access to 4g might be wise to go into settings-> (under the network section) more -> and set the network mode to 3g and 2g vs auto.

If your provider doesn't have fastdormancy available you can always disable it using the app on the app store
The Following User Says Thank You to samdroid711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd February 2014, 07:28 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by shucrut

Hello all,


I have a question for all users of samsung's 4.3 ROM, it doesn't matter if you have the old or the new bootloader (but please tell me what bootloader you have). I want to know how is your battery drain per hour when the phone is iddle. Cause i don't know anyone who have the galaxy s3 or s3 LTE to tell me the experience.

So, here is my iddle battery usage:

It doesn't matter if WIFI/Data is on or off, i have ~ 1% per hour of drain. If i deactivate ALL the options (wifi, data, gps), it remains about the same. I thinks it is a little weird, cause in 4.1.2 i had ~ 1% per 2 hours, when i switched wifi and data, i had 1% per hour.

The point of this thread is to anyone have a estimate of how is your battery, i don't think my situation is normal but maybe it is a system thing and i want your experiences to know that.

keep your charger with you at all times.. mine is now on 4.3 and it drains from 100% to 80% in 2 hours with no use, no mobile data.. the day before i put 4.3 on my phone was 100% to 96% in 2 hours.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT"
The Following User Says Thank You to Neo_saitek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #9  
shucrut's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 135
 
456 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_saitek

keep your charger with you at all times.. mine is now on 4.3 and it drains from 100% to 80% in 2 hours with no use, no mobile data.. the day before i put 4.3 on my phone was 100% to 96% in 2 hours.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG IF I EVER SEE YOU IN THE STREET ILL KNOX YOU OUT"

wow, thats a huge drain... i have a question, do you have an email account configured? if yes download wakelock detecter from playstore and see if there are wakelocks from cpu and wakeup from exchange services.
Another thing : did you installed the full rom from eg sammobile? maybe some apps from system are killing the battery too.

well, if you do have an email account configured ( not on gmail app), i recommend you installing a rom from here (if you are rooted) but without the bloat from samsung (i use EVR), and then manually install the samsung apps you want, but not installing the exchange.apk/.odex. This leave you with a little problem configuring the email account, needing to set it up manually, but it works.
in my experience, exchange services didnt allow my phone to deep sleep and almost always working at 1400 Mhz. Hope it helps u

You also can downgrade if you have no choise, but you have to be rooted. There is a question abiut this here, basically you download your 4.1.2 rom, put in your sdcard (external is better, just in case) and install the rom from mobile odin. dont forget to clean all your data after that or the phone will not boot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes