Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S III i9305 with Boeffla clicking and popping

OP ShawnRose

21st April 2014, 12:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello. Recently I flashed my i9305's kernel with Boeffla 2.2, and I've noticed since then that the audio will sometimes click. At first I noticed it if I paused my music (after a second or so you could hear a click) but I've noticed that it also happens whenever I do anything on it: this includes clicking any icons or text. It doesn't seem to happen when audio is actually playing, and I should note as well that the phone's speaker is muted (I keep it on vibrate only). It basically does a click, some fuzz / static, and another click. It's not very loud, but it's audible, and I'm more worried about it blowing out the speaker than anything else. This also happens when there are headphones plugged in (to the headphones, not the phone speaker).

The phone is currently running cyanogenmod version 11-20140404-NIGHTLY-i9305. I can update it if you wish (and if I really have to it's not a problem for me to revert: but I really like having cifs compiled in since it makes for easy online nandroid backups), but I'm hoping it's just a feature I've overlooked in boeffla-control. On that note, it actually happens if Boeffla Sound is off as well, so I'm not even sure of that. I'd normally ask in the kernel's thread (as the OP actually asks) but I only just created an account, so I'm unable to.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread