Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,996 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

san disk micro sd extreme plus 32gb strange readings

Tip us?

Mumraa
Old
(Last edited by Mumraa; 25th April 2014 at 09:47 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default san disk micro sd extreme plus 32gb strange readings

Hi there I just bought a San disk micro sd extreme plus for my i9305 I figured I might as well get it as it will be future proof for my next phone. I guessed it would not run at full speed on the s3 of course. So I downloaded the top rated app for testing it's speed just now and it's reading 17mb write and 11mb read! Yes the read is slower than writing!I tried it's twice and it's roughly the same. My old card read 11mb read 4mb write which seemed fine any thoughts? Thanks.

Mumraa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
The app is a1 sd bench and the card can do 80mb read 50 write. Thanks

Mumraa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok still not finding out why but other apps are doing similar things : I'm getting about 17mb write and 11mb reading on the gilmar Jose purin app that seems to be popular...very strange never seen a card faster at writing than reading from it?

Mumraa
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ok now I just tried to connect it to my Windows 8.1 pc and it says usb device malfunctioning unrecognised. wtf...the card checks out as real in tests and it's from Amazon...this is getting weird is it not compatible or something? But it seems to work I'm running videos from it on my phone...

Mumraa
Old
(Last edited by Mumraa; 29th April 2014 at 03:28 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
got it working by taking the card out pluging phone into windows pc worked then put card back in and all is ok wtf!

now did more tests and the numbers are all over the place I guess these sd card testing apps are just crap. And just wanted to say thanks for al the help guys your amazing .
The Following User Says Thank You to Mumraa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]